Creepy Poll take 2

Do you still find it creepy that a person from this forum spends time googling your name and posting personal info here??? 

Do you also find it against Ebay policies?? 

Do you wonder why Ebay still allows this poster to say after doing it time and time again? 

And yes.. once again it is my personal information that this person has posted... by the same poster as last time... 

Creepy much.. 

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Creepy Poll take 2

will this one be locked too ?

Message 41 of 106
Latest reply

*pepe
Community Member

I will leave Ebay but not before I do everything in my power to make sure the that poster is gone from here..

you are good at that...

Message 42 of 106
Latest reply

how stupid are you??? seriously... 

he thinks he has gotten around the rule because he has posted a link that is an mp's page. knowing full well it has my picture on it and my facebook connected to it. 

I will leave Ebay but not before I do everything in my power to make sure the that poster is gone from here... 

he wont be the first poster you have hounded off the boards will he

Message 43 of 106
Latest reply

fb can say so much about a seller 

fb.... facebook or feedback?

and feedback is for selling and buying, no need to stalk sellers on facebook to check them out, or their sales by a posting id?

Am I missing something?

Message 44 of 106
Latest reply

Wasn't your picture used in your ID avi here on CS?

Message 45 of 106
Latest reply

That also includes checking out a posters sellers id & items for sale, if they manage to connect the posters id with the sellers ac.

is that against the rules ? Looking at a members items for sale ? 

Do I have to state the obvious?  If a poster uses their selling id to post then obviously there is the view listings button under their ID name when they make posts.

If a poster doesn't use their selling ID to post, doesn't ever refer to it, but another poster (s) goes out of their way to track it down to cause trouble.. buying an item to find out sellers name and address, auction bombing (all of which has been done in the past, one member of CW was taken to court years ago, for this sort of behaviour) that is what I am referring to..inteference with auctions, internet stalking.

Message 46 of 106
Latest reply

you are good at that...

she certainly is.

Message 47 of 106
Latest reply

Despite what she is saying I don't think cat is vindictive. I think just cranky.

But honestly cat it sounds like you left things a little open for yourself there.

What is creepy is when you get your CS account hacked as I did 4 years ago. But googling someone's ID is not. The point of an ID is so that you are anonymous. It's up to you to keep it that way.

Message 48 of 106
Latest reply

But googling someone's ID is not.. No it isn't, anyone can do that and no-one would know that they had anyway.

Copying the personal info one finds on other sites and posting it here though? That contravene's eBays posting rules. That would be done with wrongful intentions.

Message 49 of 106
Latest reply

I agree am.

But what personal info was posted? I understood (from this thread) that it was a link back to the MPs facebook?

But I really have no idea what any of this is about. 🙂

Message 50 of 106
Latest reply