Cyclone threat intensifies for Townsville

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-25/cyclone-to-forms-off-queensland-coast-near-townsville/8385368

i hope no one is injured if this cyclone reaches land, mother nature can be frighning.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Cyclone threat intensifies for Townsville

1424413563665-cat_cyclone_forecast..jpg

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-29/cyclone-debbie-aftermath-gallery/8395494

mother got angry yesterday, but she did give us a gift......

a giant jigsaw puzzle, yay

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

i heard a report that on one of the islands that were in the line of fire from debbie there was a couple who's holiday ended the day before the cyclone but when they went to fly out the airport was closed so they couldnt.

on returning to the resort where they had been staying they were told pay $400 for another night or get out, its not our problem.

they didnt have another $400 so they ended up finding a emergency shelter.

i hope that resort blew away.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

The ABC radio this morning had a guy who was making quite an issue about TV journalists who are reporting from the cyclone sites, but outside in the rain, wind with flying debris etc. He said they (and everyone else) were telling people to stay inside, yet they were reporting from within the thick of the cyclone. He argued their employers (while singling out Channel 7) were irresponsible and were placing the journalists in danger. He went so far to suggest they should be reported to the police and the Govt. should identify standards/a code of conduct for journalists when supporting such weather events. He added that a problem however is that we want to see reports from journalists in the thick of it, irrespective of their safety.

Personally, I agree that this needs to be addressed, especially when I see a young and clearly junior journalist who looks very unnerved.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2017 wrote:

The ABC radio this morning had a guy who was making quite an issue about TV journalists who are reporting from the cyclone sites, but outside in the rain, wind with flying debris etc. He said they (and everyone else) were telling people to stay inside, yet they were reporting from within the thick of the cyclone. He argued their employers (while singling out Channel 7) were irresponsible and were placing the journalists in danger. He went so far to suggest they should be reported to the police and the Govt. should identify standards/a code of conduct for journalists when supporting such weather events. He added that a problem however is that we want to see reports from journalists in the thick of it, irrespective of their safety.

Personally, I agree that this needs to be addressed, especially when I see a young and clearly junior journalist who looks very unnerved.

i had the same thoughts watching various news programs with jurnos obviously standing out in the weather to get that 'i'm here in the center of the storm' report. telling everyone to find a safe place to wait out the storm.

bloomin fools, no wonder we have numbats out trying to boogie board and surf during storms.

there should be an industry oc health and safety rulling on what reporters can and cant do during emergency events.

the days or sending anyone into danger for a story should be stopped.

same goes for idiot reporters who venture into war zones, paticularly the middle east where they tend to behead people.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

same goes for brave reporters who venture into war zones,

There,fixed it for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply