Man hit by side of train at Preston station

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-28/man-fleeing-protective-services-officers-critically-injured-by...

Whilst i have never smoked and would find someone smoking on a train i was riding very unpleasant i really dont like the fact we have a police force who turn minor incidents into life and death outcomes.

when we wind up injuring people or in worst case senarios killing them over very minor incidents i think we have mucked up badly our policing system.

utube is littered with evedence of police taking minor incidents and turning them into these rediculous over the top outcomes.

are police not getting trained how to defuse potential powder kegs?

are police not allowed to just move back from something until the person calms down, even if it means the person leaves?

from many of the videos ive sen the police create a problem then suddenly there can be 5 or 6 police officers sourounding a law breaker provoking a response just so they can take something that maybe was a warning and go on your way to a street fight with multiple police piling onto the perp.

yes, smoking on the train...bad

but a simple  "sir, its an offence to smoke on the train please dont do it, on your way" might have been a better use of police time.

now we have a news worthy incident, multipe police officers needing to write reports (how much time and money does that use up?) hospital resources being used up, ambulance peoples time. if he survives a court case?

no wonder we have ever increasing taxes to pay for these things.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

@davidc4430 wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-28/man-fleeing-protective-services-officers-critically-injured-by...

"sir, its an offence to smoke on the train please dont do it, on your way" might have been a better use of police time.

Could be more than meets the eye.
Maybe the cops did say this? 
The man may have reacted violently, who knows?
Althugh if someone called the police I'd like to have thoughty they were too busy t ocme. 

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

i'm not an expert obviously but in my mind someone who lights up a smoke on a train is prolly someone with a 'chip on their shoulder' to start with.

so police ought to be going into a confrontation thinking this person is most likely to have a bad reaction to being challenged. lets not go in all guns blazing, lets try to give a warning without having it turn into outright war.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i'm not an expert obviously but in my mind someone who lights up a smoke on a train is prolly someone with a 'chip on their shoulder' to start with.

so police ought to be going into a confrontation thinking this person is most likely to have a bad reaction to being challenged. lets not go in all guns blazing, lets try to give a warning without having it turn into outright war.

Or they are getting fed up with these idiots thinking they can do whatever they like and that they show no

respect to anyone,(let's put the blame where it belongs).

He knows it's against the law to smoke on the train but decided that he doesn't care and did it anyway.

If anyone runs from the cops and injures themselves then they can only blame themselves and it's about

time that the courts started to reflect that,(they are in the wrong then they pay the "price"),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

All over a bloody cigarette.....what were the cops doing there dont the trains have their own security officers. What a bloody disgrace.
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

In Vic, we have Protective Service Officers, a branch of the Police Force,

who man the trains and stations, looking for evil doers.

Speshully thems that smoke on the trains.

The guy shouldn't have run.  It was his own fault if he got hurt.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

I disagree. I dont smoke anymore because of these new regulations. If you think Im going to smoke at home ONLY you have another thing coming. People should be allowed to smoke almost anywhere within reason. I remember the good ol' days when you could enjoy a **bleep** in a cafe. Now the country's run like a nunnery. We'll all be wearing nuns habits soon dished out by the government. I hope the poor bloke who got harassed and hit by the train sues them for $10,000.000.00. He deserves every dollar. I certainly would not wish anyone to get hit in the head by a train especially over a bloody **bleep**.
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Well Ciggie I meant F.. Cant even say that yet get c... and f... on facebook continually. F.. means cigarette. Wake up.
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Tobacco, cigarette, cigar.ciggy ciggy ciggy packet o' smokes.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Any money he didn't run just cos it was a cigarette.

He was probably high on something else and didn't want to get sprung.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply