Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

did I miss the story on last night's news or did they just not run it?? the story came out early yesterday morning

Message 13791 of 17,615
Latest reply

I just checked her age, thinking that she maybe should be thinking about relaxing in her old age.  I am surprised that she is only 72.  She seems much older than that to me.  Even at nearly 73, I don't understand the need to continue to work in a stressful job.

Message 13792 of 17,615
Latest reply

she's not exactly a good 'speaker" either.... personally I think she loves the attention of being in the spotlight...  

"stardom"   Cat Mad

Message 13793 of 17,615
Latest reply

Well that blew up spectactularly. Fairfax poll after 2 hours is at 80% demaning she resign with 14,000 votes. The interwebs are exploding with contempt. It's one thing if it was for an official speaking engagement for her role as speaker. Quite another as a fundraiser for the LNP. Paying it back is no out for what is clearly a fraudulent claim. 

Photobucket

Message 13794 of 17,615
Latest reply

oh I haven't even see that AB. will go looking for it. I hope i can still vote Cat Very Happy

Message 13795 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/paying-back-the-cash-for-5000-helicopter-fl...

If Bronwyn Bishop can't provide an adequate explanation for chartering a helicopter to fly from Melbourne to Geelong to attend a Liberal Party fundraiser in November, she should step down as Speaker.

the poll is in that link - thanks AB  Smiley Happy
Message 13796 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-16/chinese-billionaire-xingfa-ma-buys-nt-wollogorang-station/6623...

Chinese billionaire and owner of a major ball bearing manufacturing company, Xingfa Ma, has bought two cattle stations in Australia's far north for about $47 million.

this seems pretty silly to me. we'll be cutting ourselves off from export markets they way we are going

Message 13797 of 17,615
Latest reply

I think Bishop chartering a chopper for  the short hop to the golf club fund raiser was  stupid behaviour on her behalf (don't let G58 know I said that)

"Chinese billionaire and owner of a major ball bearing manufacturing company, Xingfa Ma, has bought two cattle stations in Australia's far north for about $47 million."

"this seems pretty silly to me. we'll be cutting ourselves off from export markets they way we are going"

I do not understand the last sentence, so could you explain it?

johnsig2.jpg 

Message 13798 of 17,615
Latest reply

Not stupid. More like greedy and thinking she is entitled.

Then there is the whole double standard thing.  Why was she not refered to police as Slipper was?

Message 13799 of 17,615
Latest reply

Indeed. Filling out a form with false information under the Crimes Act is a criminal offence and she should be charged accordingly. They can't have it both ways. If Slipper was referred to the AFP then so should Bishop be. 

Photobucket

Message 13800 of 17,615
Latest reply