Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

More taxpayer money for mates, it seems.

https://youtu.be/BKwE4d6Fi6U

Message 17571 of 17,615
Latest reply

So if your sitting member was caught out taking bribes, would you blame him/her or the 'party'?

Message 17572 of 17,615
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

So if your sitting member was caught out taking bribes, would you blame him/her or the 'party'?

Not sure this question - given the discussion on party leadership - Morrison or Albanese - or a particular party is even pertinent.

But as for the question - ' caught out taking bribes ' - is a presumption of guilt.

To be dealt with through legal channels - and - through the party the member represents.

Where blame comes into it - beats me - caught is caught.

Message 17573 of 17,615
Latest reply

Dom wrote: Not sure this question - given the discussion on party leadership - Morrison or Albanese - or a particular party is even pertinent.

Then let me explain:

1) I came into this discussion at #17565 after seeing photos (#17562, 17563, 17564) posted to suggest the incompetency of the subjects.

2) in my post, #17565 I pointed out that stills selectively lifted from video scan be used to suggest anything and argued that Politicians should be judged on what they do and say - not on fleeting images selected from videos.

3) You responded, #17570, with the opinion that: They should be judged on what the ' party ' achieves.

That is actually what you are voting for - not a single politician.

This gave me the impression that you believe individual politicians should not be held accountable for their behaviour.

4) I therefore asked ,#17572, if you would blame your sitting member if he/she was caught out accepting bribes.

Perhaps โ€˜blameโ€™ was not the most accurate word I could have used. Censure, condemn or judge, might have been better, but, nevertheless, I think the meaning was quite clear.

5) So, to sum up, do you believe that  we, as voters, should hold individual politicians accountable for their behaviour, or should we simply vote for them because they represent the party of our choice?

Message 17574 of 17,615
Latest reply

Does anybody really think that all of the politicians in either party are squeaky clean? Both parties have had a history of dishonesty and unscrupulous conduct for decades. But it's all about timing. Some people pounce on the other party when they are in the news. They take advantage of the opportunity to attack. Whatever the latest controversy is, it is virtually guaranteed that people from both parties have done it before and others will do it again. We can hold them all accountable at the polling booth, but who on earth do we vote for?

Message 17575 of 17,615
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Dom wrote: Not sure this question - given the discussion on party leadership - Morrison or Albanese - or a particular party is even pertinent.

Then let me explain:

1) I came into this discussion at #17565 after seeing photos (#17562, 17563, 17564) posted to suggest the incompetency of the subjects.

All those numbers LOL

Those photos are online - showing the ' other ' side of our ' leaders ' or would be's - definitely not in the best light - but there.

Twyn's was a goody of our PM.

2) in my post, #17565 I pointed out that stills selectively lifted from video scan be used to suggest anything and argued that Politicians should be judged on what they do and say - not on fleeting images selected from videos.

3) You responded, #17570, with the opinion that: They should be judged on what the ' party ' achieves.

That is actually what you are voting for - not a single politician.

This gave me the impression that you believe individual politicians should not be held accountable for their behaviour.

Impression - well - that's simply yours.

4) I therefore asked ,#17572, if you would blame your sitting member if he/she was caught out accepting bribes.

Perhaps โ€˜blameโ€™ was not the most accurate word I could have used. Censure, condemn or judge, might have been better, but, nevertheless, I think the meaning was quite clear.

No - you stated ' blame ' - in that instance - whatever you choose to now change - I don't have blame.

5) So, to sum up, do you believe that  we, as voters, should hold individual politicians accountable for their behaviour, or should we simply vote for them because they represent the party of our choice?

We've certainly a problem if we continue to vote for those who are under investigation for - anything - anything at all.

In most cases those who are ' caught out ' are no longer there to vote for - having been given the heave ho from their party - and being taken to task by the law.

So to sum up :

It is not up to me to hold them accountable - the law & their party - will attend to that.

As for number 5 - a load of codswallop.

Perhaps that which you surmise is not what it is at all. 

Message 17576 of 17,615
Latest reply

It seems the truth hurts - and words matter. LOL

Message 17577 of 17,615
Latest reply

I wasn't aware that a 'truth' had been established. Enlighten me.

Message 17578 of 17,615
Latest reply

Enlighten you - why??

That was in no way directed at you - you seem to have missed the bit which is missing. ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 17579 of 17,615
Latest reply

Please yourself. But I'd still like to know what this truth is and who has been hurt by it.

Message 17580 of 17,615
Latest reply