Do you send your child to private during school holidays?

Do you send your child(ren) to private during the school holidays? Two weeks staying at home doing nothing and with no adult supervision (assuming both parents are working), is both slothful and dangerous.

That's why I enrolled my children into Pre-Uni College, giving them the best chance of competing against fellow Asians students and getting into James Ruse High.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Do you send your child to private during school holidays?

You would begrudge your kids a whole two weeks off with nothing to do except what their imagination dictates?

It's a brief chance at freedom before the heavy wheels of the industrial machine re-commence   their inexorable grinding down of the hopes, expectations and the dreams of Youth.

Lighten up. Let them play a bit . . . while they still  can.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Do you send your child(ren) to private during the school holidays? 

To private what??  Doesn't make sense

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

@ambercat16 wrote:

@kuromusha1 wrote:

To private what??  Doesn't make sense

private tutoring

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

To Kuro.

Gosh you need some serious $$$$$s to afford private tuition for a fortnight for 2 kids.  

Might be cheaper to have taken a Farm Stay holiday, seeing that their parents want them enrolled in an Agricultural College. 

I hope your wife has the obligatory massive 4WD to drop them off at the school gate.

DEB

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Gosh you need some serious $$$$$s to afford private tuition for a fortnight for 2 kids.  

Ah...but but some of us are on a six figure salary. Heaven knows, we've been told so often enough!

Mind you, one wonders why anyone on a six figure salary wastes so much time on ebay, buying carp and causing himself grief?

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Actually, no. I didn't see the need to constantly drive my kids to distraction, by constantly hounding them to achieve. Unlike some Eastern ethnicities, who demand their children excel in every academic pursuit!

My kids grew up stable and healthy, in a loving, nurturing environment, and yet still managed to find themselves in well-paid, interesting and rewarding careers.

Interestingly, you've mentioned in another thread, your good, christian ways...doesn't the love of money conflict with them?

I'm thinking of Matthew 6:24, Luke 12:15, and 1 Timothy 6:10...

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

No. My kids don't go to 'private' anything during the school holidays.

We either go on holidays in order for them to experience new cultures or activities.

Or they stay home (unsupervised) where they hang out with friends, relax and generally indulge in art and craft activities of their own making.

All of the above is called 'life' and my kids are encouraged to enjoy it. Particularly during the critical down time they need after a term of shool.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Do you send your child(ren) to private during the school holidays? Two weeks staying at home doing nothing and with no adult supervision (assuming both parents are working), is both slothful and dangerous.

That's why I enrolled my children into Pre-Uni College, giving them the best chance of competing against fellow Asians students and getting into James Ruse High.

I know 2 children who are going to grow up with parental resentment!

AND.... when they hit that wall of resentment, the first thing they do is become unemployed or get into a really low income job to BLEEP off the parents! 
It works a treat!!!

Your kids need LOVE and NURTURE!
try spending time with them instead of money on them!!!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

This takes me back to my own slothful school holidays.  Watching black and white Jane Withers movies on tv and making jam on toast for lunch or just hanging out with my best friend and the kids next door.

Beautiful days.

Joono
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply