Dyson Vacuum Cleaners - are they all that? :)

Big W are stocking 2 models at the moment. They are on special for $498 down from $598.

I'd love to hear feedback from those you you who have one.

Thank you kindly!Heart

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Dyson Vacuum Cleaners - are they all that? :)

Good grief.  Headlights for your vacuum cleaner.  

I'm as blind as a bat now nearly when it comes to dust.  I've got  a termite inspection tomorrow morning and I decided that the inspector will have bad eyesight and won't look too closely at the skirting boards.

Joono
Message 21 of 76
Latest reply

I was looking to buy a Dyson a few years ago as we had a long haired cat.

Asked in David Jones about the model that was being widely advertised as suitable for picking up animal fur and was told by the senior salesman that they were very overpriced and there were other cleaners on the market that did just as good a job for a lot less money.

Message 22 of 76
Latest reply

I've had an animal for years now, so old it was pre-ball.  Only problem I had was when Darwin chewed the cord...........cost me $35 to replace it.  Otherwise, it's worked great.

I can't understand why manufacturers don't use a removable cord..........I hate winding that thing up.......especially since it is 50% longer than the original.

Message 23 of 76
Latest reply

Two months ago I bought a Hoover Hurricane. Totally and utterly useless. Would have made more of an impression on the carpets had I used a dustpan and brush. Last week I got myself a Dyson DC50. The previous day I'd vacuumed with the Hoover, but thought I'd give the Dyson a spin. At the end of it I had to empty the dust container, because it was so full. That's how good Dyson's are. The only thing I now regret is that I didn't go for the cordless variety.

Message 24 of 76
Latest reply

I did have a Hoover Convertible that I bought used at a yard sale. This was at a time when similar ones available new were made of plastic, this one was the older style metal. My mom went through 2 or 3 in the time i had that one, and she offered to buy me a new one and trade for that, I declined but did find her a similar one at a thrift store.

I have since had Kerbys and Royals that I bought used at thrift stores.. The Kerby's are hard to maintain but did almost as well as that old Hoover. The Royals, didn't do near as well but were much easyer to clean and maintain than anything I had. The school district used Royals, i suspect because they were so easy to maintain, thats how i became familar with them. I was a substitute custodain. One of the full time custodains told me the Royal vacume costs over 500 dollars, so whenever i seen them at thrift stores for 20 or 30 dollars, i would buy them on sight. Had quite a collection of vacumes once upon a time. Was considering starting my own cleaning bussiness.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 25 of 76
Latest reply

love my fake tv shark,lol!

taste my religion! nibble a witch! 😄
Message 26 of 76
Latest reply

I have a Dyson....... love it.   I will never buy another vacc bag again.....

My tip.... make sure you get the model  with the filter......( and know where the filter is and how to remove it from day one).

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 27 of 76
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

We have a barrel van and an animal stick vac. The barrel is about 6 years old and the stick about one. I find they clean much better than any other vacuum I have had - important with asthmatics. When I got my barrel vacuum I did the same as someone else mentioned and went over an area of carpet I had just cleaned with the other - I was horrified! The stick vacuum is great for giving things a quick going over and for the car.

Message 28 of 76
Latest reply

My daughter just replaced her 12yo Dyson with a new Dyson

Message 29 of 76
Latest reply

Hi Cavoodle 

I hope I can help here 

I have been selling Dyson Vcs for about 4 yrs and love them ( I own 3 ) lol

First up , the dc29 (barrel ) and dc 33 ( upright ) the models being sold at BigW are old models that havent been made by Dyson for about 12 months

they where entry level Dysons replaced by the DC 37C ORIGIN ( barrel ) and the DC25 ( upright ) 

the difference is the old models are not on the ball , and the old model upright is much more cumbersome than the new model 

If you have pets dont even look at this model in the barrel because the head is not designed to pick up hair , you would have to add a turbine head for a extra $129

have a look at The Good Guys  this week they have a lot of dyson coming on special 

All uprights will pick up hair really well , in the barrels look at DC54 allergy, animal or animal pro if there are pets in the house

All DC54 models do not have filters 

DC37C has a washable filter

All uprights have two  washable filters 

If you cant be nice , go away and annoy someone else
Message 30 of 76
Latest reply