Fantastic Fiction

Anything relating to novels, short stories or other kinds of fiction.  

Recommendations on books to read.

Requests for recommendations on books to read.  

Reviews of books.  

Types of fiction YOU like to read.  

The ANYTHING FICTION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Fantastic Fiction

That's good news Amber!  It has been a while.

Some books are worth a second read and sometimes I enjoy them even more.

Joono
Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

I mainly read Pop science, sci/fi and fantasy...Kevin J Anderson's *Saga of Seven Suns* is brilliant.

But a book I reccommend to everyone is *Still Alice* by Lisa Genova. It has to be up there in my top ten all time reads.

Absolutely heartbreaking and beautifully written...

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

Carrot I was not overly keen on reading the Harry potter books at first as it takes me months to read a book , but with this series jk Rawlings just sucked me in the books a written in such a way that they appeal to both adults and kids she is a remarkable story teller who engages you very quickly, to the point that you gave to keep reading in the end I read all 7 books in 3 months something I have never done before or since
Photobucket
Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

@katydidthat wrote:

The ANYTHING FICTION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any book written by ANY AUSTRALIAN alleged politician either serving or retired.

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

Can we have 1 thread not defiled by politics please
Photobucket
Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

fishing for stars and the perssimon tree. They kind of go hand in hand but are seperate books. I did have a bit of a what the moment because I was reading one of them at the same time i was reading the devils own and both are about the same ship in a round about kinda way. Not was I expected.

btw, the devils own although is aimed at tweens/teens is a brilliant read!!

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

@j*oono wrote:

I don't read as much as I used to but I have read a couple recently that I really liked.  These two are not quite fiction. The last one was A Captains Duty which was made into a movie known as Captain Phillips.  I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would.

Before that was a kind of autobiography by Jennifer Saunders (she of Ab Fab).  It was called Bonkers and it really was.  I had to stop reading it sometimes in public because it really was making me laugh out loud.

A book that makes you laugh or cry is, mostly, cleverly written to have that effect.

I think I'll have to search Bonkers out, Joono. (I love laughing)

DEB

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

What's "Still Alice" about, DSK?

Kilroy, did you read JK Rowling's Casual Vacancy? I thought that was AWFUL.

Chuk, I think a lot of kids' fiction is interesting for adults. I enjoyed all the John Marsden books I've read, including the Tomorrow and Ellie series.

However, I was not impressed by the Twilight stories (or the film that I saw).
Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

chuk,you might like diane duane's young wizard series,very well written,works for kids and adults as an intriguing read.

taste my religion! nibble a witch! 😄
Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

Fantastic Fiction

Just recently introduced my niece and nephew to Enid Blyton........

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply