Fantastic Fiction

Anything relating to novels, short stories or other kinds of fiction.  

Recommendations on books to read.

Requests for recommendations on books to read.  

Reviews of books.  

Types of fiction YOU like to read.  

The ANYTHING FICTION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Fantastic Fiction

oh,awesome!! they'd like diane duane,then.

taste my religion! nibble a witch! ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

I remember some of those, Band ... The Famous Five, The Chalet School Girls, The Secret Seven (?).

I'm sure you're telling them that they are not (and were not), reflective of English society as a whole.

After yesterday's talk of Dickens, I have had the whole soundtrack of the musical Oliver going round in my head ... I've even burst into song a few times.

I'm now reading ex-Lord Jeffrey Archer's Cat o' Nine Tales ... which seem to be all based on his prison experiences.

Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

It is about a 50 yr old woman proffessor and her decline into alzhiemers Katy.

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks, DSK. I think it would be a great read ... but not for me, having watched my Dad decline into Alzheimers. But, it's definitely a subject worth reading and learning about ... if not for your parents, then for YOU and your loved ones. It's long been a subject that is hidden ... except for rare programs like "Mother and Son" (is that what I mean?). Otherwise, it's pretty hidden, which it shouldn't be.

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

I mostly read thrillers. Although I do read non fiction now and then if the subject grabs me. Between my OH and myself we must have 5 or 6 hundred or more books. Not counting the ones discarded over the years. He reads non fiction exclusively.

At the moment reading Claire Rayner. I picked up a couple of books  today in the op shop. One Patricia Cornwell I haven't read, and a Linda Fairstein. They have gone on to the haven't read pile. That pile is getting a bit high as I keep adding to it.

Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

KatyM ... I have several piles ... one in my bedroom, two on the dining table ... and then, there are the bookshelves themselves.

Now, one of the reasons I started this thread was because I was reading about WWII and particularly what happened to the Jews regarding the Holocaust and the creation of Israel. I've read Exodus by Leon Uris, and The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth. Has anyone got any suggestions for further reading?

TYVMIA ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 46 of 46
Latest reply