Forest fires in Canada

Has there ever been such fire?  Burning now for a week and destroying town.  I know that some fires have in past been burning i forests in less accessible areas, but this has hit suburbs.and threatened the airport hospital and other civic buildings.  And it is only May, usually mild month with much moisture in soil still from thawed snow.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Forest fires in Canada

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's pretty scary for April/May.

I hope they can contain it soon.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Forest fires in Canada

It's shocking supernova, I have friends there who, with many others, have been evacuated from an evacuation shelter because the wind changed direction and they all ended up running for their lives and almost didn't get through even on the buses that were sent to take them out ...  Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Forest fires in Canada

Awful Tas,

I hope they are all OK.

Suppose contact is difficult.

HeartHeartHeart

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Forest fires in Canada

Reception is okay now Helen, they're out of the city and have gone to Vancouver where they have relatives, so we can keep in touch,but they've lost everything, as many have, it is horrific.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Forest fires in Canada

shocking fire and amazing but good that there was no loss of life. in Fort McMurray 2,400 properties burnt down there

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply