Fund Raising Idea

It's a Onesie Funsie Walkie Runsie

Joining the onesie craze, Canberra Grammar School has made an attempt at the Guinness world record for the the biggest crowd wearing the suits, while at the same time raising awareness for the Snowy Hydro SouthCare helicopter.

They were gathered for the launch of the Onesie Funsie Walkie Runsie, an idea from the students themselves involving a four-kilometre walk/run around Lake Burley Griffin next March.

The Snowy helicopter landed on the school's oval on Friday for the launch of the event. Snowy Hydro SouthCare media manager Kate van Haalen said it was one of the more unusual ways money has been raised for the helicopter service.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/its-a-onesie-funsie-walkie-runsie-20130909-2tg4g.html#ixzz2...
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Fund Raising Idea

@lurker17260 wrote:

Give them a break.  They're high school girls (by nature silly and frivolous).  They are doing something for their community and having fun at the same time. 

Good on you girls.

I agree..does it matter whether they had to buy a onsie or not....and with the amount of people wearing them these days I doubt if they did...they are getting out there and doing something...yet they are still getting put down....when I was in High School many, many moons ago we did a very similar thing...although in those days it was pyjamas...we raised over $1000 for UNICEF....and we had fun at the same time...why do some people find it necessary to always find something negative to say

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply