GMO's

1. Genetically modified foods (or GM foods) arefoods produced from organisms that have had specific changes introduced into their DNA using the methods of genetic engineering. There a two main types of genetically modified crops. 

Bt, or bacillus thuringiensis, is a type of soil-dwelling bacteria that produces a protein toxic to many insects. Bt crops are engineered to produce the Bt toxin within the plant itself, acting as a built-in insecticide. Bt toxin kills crop pests by dissolving the insect’s gut lining.
Roundup Ready crops are engineered to be resistant to Roundup, a Monsanto brand of herbicide. The active ingredient in Roundup herbicide is glyphosate, a commonly used weed-killer.

I know very little about this topic. I'm Interested to hear what ya'll know or think about GMO foods.

Message 1 of 131
Latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: GMO's

The oilseed industry was able to suppress the truth about trans fats for 25 years so it's an easy job to fool everyone about canola oil. I can't understand why anyone would want to use the foul-tasting stuff anyway. The only time I've ever had it was when I was given two blocks of 'butter' that was a mix of canola and butter. I don't think I even finished the first block.

I'll stick to healthy foods like butter, coconut oil (proven over 15 years to kill the SARS coronavirus) and other saturated fats. The bible says eggs are good and it also says Christ ate butter and honey so that he'd know to reject the evil and choose the good. That's a good enough recommendation for me!
Message 61 of 131
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Canola oil: a chemical carcinogen that doesn't belong anywhere near your food

(NaturalNews) We all have been trained by the government and food industry to believe that processed vegetable oils, such as canola oil, are healthy, and natural saturated fats coming from butter, lard, or coconut oil increase the risk of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity.

Though canola oil is marketed as a healthy oil, it is anything but healthy. It is a cheap, highly unstable, inflammatory oil that was given a huge push by trusted advisory groups and the government's dietary guidelines.

For years we have been told by scientists, governments, nutritionists, and doctors to stop using saturated fats and use highly processed vegetable oils instead. Nonetheless, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer are still on the rise.

Again that article had A 2011 review published in Environmental Studies Europe reported that mammals fed genetically modified foods for 90 days showed dramatically reduced kidney (43.5 percent) and liver (30.8 percent) functions. This study is only one of the many studies linking GMO food to increased health issues.

Which had nothing to do with Canola as that study involved 

In 2011 a review of 19 different studies that involved mammals being fed genetically modified soy and corn for a period of 90 days, found that GMO foods can disrupt kidney and liver function. The review which was published in “Environmental Studies Europe” and it states that in the trials mentioned, kidney function was reduced by 43.5% while liver function was reduced by 30.8%. Do you really want to put your health at this sort of a risk?

The Sources were: 
WiseMindHealthyBody.com
DrAxe.com
EnvEurope.SpringerOpen.com

And again:

Methods

We have thoroughly reviewed these tests from a statistical and a biological point of view. Some of these tests used controversial protocols which are discussed and statistically significant results that were considered as not being biologically meaningful by regulatory authorities, thus raising the question of their interpretations.

Results

Several convergent data appear to indicate liver and kidney problems as end points of GMO diet effects in the above-mentioned experiments. This was confirmed by our meta-analysis of all the in vivo studies published, which revealed that the kidneys were particularly affected, concentrating 43.5% of all disrupted parameters in males, whereas the liver was more specifically disrupted in females (30.8% of all disrupted parameters).

So stolen data and claimed as their own from people that have agendas as again they used data that was specific to SOY and CORN and had nothing to do with Canola oil..

Message 62 of 131
Latest reply

That was meant to say over 15 years ago they found coconut oil can kill SARS coronavirus.

If you want to read an interesting article on canola, read this:
https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/know-your-fats/the-great-con-ola/

Mary Enig did her PhD on trans fats and did a fair bit of the work without being paid after the oilseed industry withdrew its funding. She fought the FDA for 25 years to get the truth published. If she doesn't anything for sure she'll say so rather than make assumptions. She has a huge section in her book Eat Fat Lose Fat about cholesterol but she said that she wasn't really sure that LDL was actually the bad guy. It's now been shown that LDL is essential for a healthy brain. It's all explained in Brain Maker by David Perlmutter, a neuroscientist.

It's really interesting that if a doctor actually tells people not to eat so much sugar they end up being hounded. One day the head of the AMA spoke at the National Press Club luncheon and he mentioned a doctor who was 'investigated' for five years because he dared tell a diabetic patient that if they didn't cut out sugar they'd die (or lose their foot, I can't remember which). I looked it up afterwards and it was awful what they did to him, all because he was trying to help save his patient's health!
Message 63 of 131
Latest reply

@tangledstitches wrote:
The oilseed industry was able to suppress the truth about trans fats for 25 years so it's an easy job to fool everyone about canola oil. I can't understand why anyone would want to use the foul-tasting stuff anyway. The only time I've ever had it was when I was given two blocks of 'butter' that was a mix of canola and butter. I don't think I even finished the first block.

I'll stick to healthy foods like butter, coconut oil (proven over 15 years to kill the SARS coronavirus) and other saturated fats. The bible says eggs are good and it also says Christ ate butter and honey so that he'd know to reject the evil and choose the good. That's a good enough recommendation for me!

Yes, I believe the were suppressing the truth. There was a blackout on coconut oil as well. In fact there was something of a dis-info campaign against coconut to scare folks off.Yes, very true, canola does taste foul, it can release carcinogens when heated and we should have food going in our mouths which isn't screwed around / tampered with by people who don't care about us.

Message 64 of 131
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

So stolen data and claimed as their own from people that have agendas as again they used data that was specific to SOY and CORN and had nothing to do with Canola oil..

So whatever data was used or whatever agendas somebody supposedly had a particular time doesn't change the fat that there is evidence out there that shows GM food causes health issues. Canola is one of them. The fact that a plant intended for human consumption has been genetically tampered with to withstand drenching by one of the most toxic chemicals around should ring alarm bells.

Is Monsanto’s RoundUp (Glyphosate) the New Agent Orange?
gas masks
Christina Sarich
Posted On

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Health Dangers of Canola Oil: Not the Healthy Oil You’ve Been Led to Believe

Some industries help each other along even unintentionally. If people are going to rely on main stream news to give them the truth about things that cause them harm, they're wasting their time. Some of the industries that cause us harm and destroy the environment are the biggest sponsors of the main stream media.

Message 65 of 131
Latest reply

@lind9650 wrote:

We are told to eat more healthily. Mor fresh fruit and vegetables, but eerything is poisoned before we get it in the shop. All fruit and vegetables have between 40 and 60 different insecticides on them, plus the chemicals in fertilizers and the GMO modification. Nothing is safe to eat or drink anymore unless you grow things yourself, but even seedlings from a Nursery or seeds have been chemically tempered with.

Where will it all end?

Erica

Summed up very well! This is one of the reasons why the children are having learning difficulties, developing allergies and intolerance, getting sick etc... It will only end when people are put before profit.

Message 66 of 131
Latest reply

I'll let you keep going about what ever you want to believe because your mind is set into believing whatever you state and as I stated numerous times there is NO scientific evidence that back up your claims but you just keep going anyway and believe anything that may be out there whether it's true or not.

Your paranoia is more dangerous to your health then anything else you've come up with and you need to get that sorted

.You don't discuss you just state that you are correct as you believe all the drivel and as far as you are concerned there is danger in everything around you and that's not good.shok.gif

I've got better things to do than this.Angry head bang.gif

Message 67 of 131
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

I'll let you keep going about what ever you want to believe because your mind is set into believing whatever you state and as I stated numerous times there is NO scientific evidence that back up your claims but you just keep going anyway and believe anything that may be out there whether it's true or not.

Your paranoia is more dangerous to your health then anything else you've come up with and you need to get that sorted

.You don't discuss you just state that you are correct as you believe all the drivel and as far as you are concerned there is danger in everything around you and that's not good.shok.gif

I've got better things to do than this.Angry head bang.gif

Quote: "Paranoia ... Drivel". Now where did I hear that before?

If you have better things to do then please do some research on stuff other than what the Murdoch media provides and what industry sponsored studies lead you to believe. What you do discover will be something that will change your outlook and enable you to help others.

Message 68 of 131
Latest reply

And by the way, canola, soy, corn, wheat, nuts, pollen, dairy products, shellfish, crustaceans, mold, etc...all of these cause deaths, and being naturally derived instead of GMO doesn't change the dead part of the equation.
Message 69 of 131
Latest reply

Depending on what you believe, God or evolution, we are human beings who have a design that is in reflection, actually reaction is a better term. We react to our environment and the food that is in it. Depending on what we eat, how we eat etc., we are going to either thrive or we're going to experience some other kind of effect

Would it surprise you to learn that there are people who because of their environment, lifestyle etc. live a very long time?

What are the Health Secrets to the Hunza People’s Longevity?

https://www.gaia.com/article/hunza-people-longevity-health-secrets

GMOs: A Cause of Infertility

https://www.fertilitytips.com/gmo-a-cause-of-infertility/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Research Indicates That GMO Could Be a Cause of Infertility

https://natural-fertility-info.com/gmo-infertility.html

Call me old fashioned but I say that once food heritage is lost, you'll never get it back. I remember being saddened to the point of near tears when I learnt of the contamination (some say deliberate and there's evidence) of these ancient, centuries old corn varieties in Mexico. I get sickened when people try to say .... "Oh farmers have been genetically modifying breeds of corn for centuries". Yeah, selective breeding isn't the insertion of genes from another species!

Mexican corn contamination confirmed

https://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/02/24/2499950.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexico's GM corn shocks scientists

Researchers baffled as ancient variety of maize tests positive for modified organisms in area where no engineered crops are grown

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/nov/30/foodanddrink.highereducation

---------------------------------------------------------------

Phantoms in the machine: GM corn spreads to Mexico

https://www.smh.com.au/world/phantoms-in-the-machine-gm-corn-spreads-to-mexico-20100702-zu3r.html

Gone now and who cares? Certainly political figures in the US don't!

Message 70 of 131
Latest reply