Government plans to cull 2 million feral cats.

go-tazz
Community Member

Cheapest way for someone to get rid of an unwanted cat is to release it in the bush,(hence we now have a

major problem due to those irresponsible people).

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-news/video-national-news/australia-to-cull-2-million-feral-cats-20...

Then you get numbskull's like Bardot "protecting" them,(if they are left alone they will destroy more of our

wildlife).

They need to put some of that wildlife in her hands and then tell that a single cat can kill a thousand of them

each year,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

My OH had cats for years and they were always "fixed" and we've handed in dozens of cats and kittens that

were abandoned because the previous "owners" didn't do the right thing.

A feral cat is one of the most vicious and aggressive animals you'll see and they'll try and tear you to pieces,

(we always had a sturdy metal cat carrier to put them in).

My personnel opinion on cats is best kept quiet,tease.gif

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

The RSPCA doesnt support mulesing either. Iagree,  it is cruel,  in that it does cause pain and distress to the animal. However, imo it's far more cruel to allow a sheep to become fly blown and die a horrible death because if it. Sheep are not a native animal, hence they were never ( initially ) bred to live in country like Au and have to deal with massive the fly prob.

Sadly Vic doesnt have a compulsory de sexing law, some individual council may have one in place, some also have a cat curfew law, my local council has neither

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

often its easy to climb on the 'anti' whatever it is for celebs as they only get part of the story. but then that can happen to us all.

we are no longer talking about the deaths in the greyhound business, has it been fixed? i dont know as there is very little information comming out now. i guess if it is it will take another live baiting type story to get it back on the front page.

the reason i believe so many cats are allowed to roam free is laziness by owners, it is a job to keep a cat indoors. easy for me as i live alone and just have the 1 cat. i have to keep 2 kittly litter trays at all times, make sure they are changed every day. collect the used litter and dispose of it.

people dont want to do that so its let kitty out to do its doings, no work involved. but unlike a small dog cats dont do a poop then run back inside, cats are off to explore and hunt. thats the problem right there. and if they are not desexed they are off looking for love.

Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

Sorry-cant do links.

Check out John Williamson....Bill The Cat...on the net-tells a good story.

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

Thanks David---must learn how to do that and other..things with a computer.

ps--know how to get posts back from autosave............

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

Good 1 David, ty for posting it lol

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

one of the very few things i can do

there is an autosave? what does it do??

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

My old Cat Myia and Boo the Budgie

Boo gave that cat hell and she never hurt him once

myia & boo boo 001.JPG

Message 38 of 45
Latest reply

myia & boo 003.JPG

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

Boo is so pretty! Heart

How old is he/she?

Message 40 of 45
Latest reply