Hi all, long time no post

Hi everyone, been a long time since I popped in here. Good to still see quite a few familiar faces about.

i think the last time I was here was when mum passed away in September last year. It seems like such a long time ago so I thought I'd pop in to give an update on my life.

Since mums passing, my dad has started living life again with the help of his "lady friend". They even went on a cruise to Fiji and my dad wore shorts on the beach. Be aware that I've never, ever seen my dad in shorts.

i am still on workcover due to my elbow injury. At this stage I still can't fully straighten my arm and I'm waiting on the call for the date to have my second surgery. The second surgery will cut through the scar tissue that is stopping me from straightening my arm. But, even after that, the surgeon has told me that the bones are badly damaged and I will end up need a full elbow reconstruction in about 10 years. Who'd of thought tripping over a vacuum cord could do so much damage.

i will also never be able to go back to my cleaning job, so Workcover got me to do a Cert 2 and Cert 3 security course. It was good fun and I'm hoping to get a job in retail security once my security licence comes through.

i am still happily separated from my husband. It's been 295 days since the kids and I moved out. There have been some major rough times but I managed to get through them all and even on the roughest day, I'm so much happier and better off. My two older kids have chosen not to spend time with their dad anymore. They did try, since the separation, but it did not go well.

So the ex and I have done mediation and it was agreed that the older two can chose if, when and how long they want to spend with their dad. If they decide they don't want to see him, they don't have to. Our youngest will continue to spend every second weekend at his dads.

in August, the big battle will happen when we, with our lawyers, have a conciliation conference over the division of property and assets.

Personally, I'm doing great. I'm re discovering myself after being lost for many many years. I'm not walking on egg shells anymore and I'm not a nervous wreck. I'm thriving.

After I'm fully free from him, I'm gonna get a tattoo that says 'Strength is what we gain from the madness we survive'

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Hi all, long time no post

We also downsized to a larger house when we made our seachange givemeaspell.  The part of the house we use on a day to day basis is smaller, but we also have a semi separate part for when our children and their families visit.

I spent enough time trying to entertain three busy little boys in my in laws small retirement house to know how much space we needed when we moved LOL

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Shellie is back.

happy-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif

We can discuss string theory.

(An active research framework in particle physics that attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity)

Waves to daydreams. Smiley Happy         Waves to spell also. Certainly remembered. Smiley Happy

I thought string theory was the theory that our intestines are so long that they could be stretched all the way to the moon. Silly me.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Good to hear from you, DDB.

Woman Happy

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Hi Amie its been a long road for you, seems like you have found some light at the end of the tunnel 🙂

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply