Hospital to increase carpark fees

Perth Children's Hospital to increase carpark fees, families 'are going to suffer'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-28/families-of-sick-kids-face-parking-hikes-at-new-perth-hospital...

They need this cash to "maintain" the carpark? what the?

no one going to a hospital for treatment should be made to pay for carparking! its a disgrace!

and those visiting is questionable too!

how long before we are charged a fee to have the bed linen changed? the room cleaned?

i thought we paid taxes to build OUR hospitals for US!

no one i suspect goes to a hospital for fun, 99.9% of us dread the idea of being in a hospital.....even visiting isnt something we enjoy.

we do it because we either have an illness or are visting a loved one who is unwell.

for the bean counters (whoever they are) to take advantage of us to grab some cash is just disgraceful!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hospital to increase carpark fees

Greed rears its ugly head.   

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

womblewa
Community Member

The new Perth Childrens Hospital is yet to open - it is over two years overdue.  It has been finished for years, has wonderful landscaping (!!) but has had numerous problems, some of which remain unresolved, and it is still not open.  (Lead levels in the water for instance).  In that over two years, the carpark has been fully functional and remains unused.  The new Perth Children's
Hospital adjoins the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and University of WA Dental School.  The parking at all those entities has been for all that 2 years++ and long before, very tight and also expensive.  People who work on site (until very recently myself included) are aghast to note that PCH has never opened that carparking up, even if PCH itself is not open.  Apart from the exhorbitant cost of the parking, you would imagine that opening up PCH parking, even as the hospital itself sits empty, with no end to that debacle in sight, would at least alleviate parking pressure and put money into the WA government coffers (which are pretty much empty). 

Yes, parking is expensive.  Before I got subsidised staff parking, it cost $23 a working day - the same as for hospital visitors. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Looks like the hospital staff will have to put in a bit of overtime now just to pay for the parking!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply