If you wish to protest about Murdoch's involvment in the election...

There is an online peition you can sign:

"We, the undersigned, request that the Australian Press Council conduct an investigation into News Corp Australia’s media coverage of the 2013 Australian federal election campaign.

We also request that appropriate action is taken to prevent this from happening again in the future."

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/complaint-against-news-corp-australia.html

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 1 of 175
Latest reply
174 REPLIES 174

Re: If you wish to protest about Murdoch's involvment in the election...

@poddster wrote:

Just an illustration of the petition site make up your own mind 🙂

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/nbn-co-stop-telling-lies#share

you're not on the right site.

Message 41 of 175
Latest reply

where's the partition? Is that like a graffiti wall for collecting signatures?

No, I think  the 'partition' is the great divide between those who believe foreign nationals should not be allowed to orchestrate Australian election campaigns simply to further their business empires and those who believe it's OK as long as he supports their side

Message 42 of 175
Latest reply

no I think it means heaps of people want it, absolutely heaps. Both my kids had signed it before i even mentioned it to them

Buzz, if it's OK by you I might post your link elsewhere???

Message 43 of 175
Latest reply

smoke and mirrors

Message 44 of 175
Latest reply

of course I am that site is open to anyone to create a petition, they encourage you to create one about anything and illustrate how you can get it to spread in their front page.

The reason is to get as many email addresses as possible to on sell............data mining.. a trap for the unwary and gullible

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 45 of 175
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

of course I am that site is open to anyone to create a petition, they encourage you to create one about anything and illustrate how you can get it to spread in their front page.

The reason is to get as many email addresses as possible to on sell............data mining.. a trap for the unwary and gullible

does the name Snowden ring a bell ? they have it all anyway. . remember the private sector are suposedly well ahead anyway.

then there's Ebay itself.. they already sell the details of members, its too late.

Message 46 of 175
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

poddster - every time you log onto anything you are allowing your info to be used. Welcome to the 21st Century!

Message 47 of 175
Latest reply

He already knows all about that, martini.

Interesting to see a petition to save the labor NBN has collected 95,000 signatures. Big numbers of people do influence change, so I hope the Rupert one will be influential too.

Of course, the most powerful petition would be if people stopped buying his papers, but drama sells. I often wonder whether the journalists who write the stuff in ruperts papers feel ashamed at their poor ethics.
Message 48 of 175
Latest reply

omg who buys newspapers when you can get all your news online get with the program ppl!

Message 49 of 175
Latest reply

*ibis
Community Member

the most powerful petition would be if people stopped buying his papers

we have a winner!!!

Message 50 of 175
Latest reply