If you wish to protest about Murdoch's involvment in the election...

There is an online peition you can sign:

"We, the undersigned, request that the Australian Press Council conduct an investigation into News Corp Australia’s media coverage of the 2013 Australian federal election campaign.

We also request that appropriate action is taken to prevent this from happening again in the future."

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/complaint-against-news-corp-australia.html

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 1 of 175
Latest reply
174 REPLIES 174

Re: If you wish to protest about Murdoch's involvment in the election...

@not_an_eloi wrote:

would appear that someone 'ere knows a great deal about 'data collection and on-sellin' scams

now, one wonders how would one come to know all that,   aye.   aye.

(shades)

umm yes, I think so too

Message 81 of 175
Latest reply

It would be a bit strange if an IT professional did't know.

I find it even more strange that some people are attempting cast an ominous shadow over the knowledge that even a person with the most basic interest in information technology knows.

I guess it is to be expected  from my regular "fans" 🙂 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 82 of 175
Latest reply

I just don't get why you're making so many posts to deter people from signing it, nothing to do with being a fan or not
Message 83 of 175
Latest reply

@lightningdance wrote:

Even after posters are enlightened about thie petition & the people who run them they are still not convinced??? bit like them saying the biggest loss Labor has ever faced in the history of the party is "not too bad"  whhoo hooo & spinning about "mandate this & mandate that" just makes it even worse.

Tony Abbott hasn't even formed his front bench, hasn't been sworn in & his mandate as you are all so happy to bandy about because labor is saying it because they have NOTHING else to cling onto is ridiculous.

Take a deep breath folks, stay calm & just get on with your lives. Whatever Tony Abbot does or does not do is going to be 100 times better than whast we have had to suffer under Labor. Also the unemployment figures are rising, productivity is falling & our growth has not lived up to expectations so the free ride is at an end and NONE of it is the fault of Tony Abbot.

Get a bit of perspective folks.

If you don't like the conversation stay out of it. 

Take your own advice and get a bit of perspective.

Message 84 of 175
Latest reply

@not_an_eloi wrote:

addendum to that post

on that single nbn issue alone, of their total platform, that is.

and many other single issues also - like the PPL  -  no mandate.

did you forget to drop you p's and h's?

Message 85 of 175
Latest reply

freakiness wrote"If you don't like the conversation stay out of it. 

There is no need for you to continue to slag off other posters.

Take your own advice and get a bit of perspective."

To use your own hostile words I did not as you so eloquently put it "slag off" posters. Also I am entitled to my opinion & there fore I will not stay out of it as you so kindly put it. Agressive personal attacks like this is uncalled for at any time.

Message 86 of 175
Latest reply

do you know how to quote Lightning ?

Message 87 of 175
Latest reply

@lightningdance wrote:

freakiness wrote"If you don't like the conversation stay out of it. 

There is no need for you to continue to slag off other posters.

Take your own advice and get a bit of perspective."

To use your own hostile words I did not as you so eloquently put it "slag off" posters. Also I am entitled to my opinion & there fore I will not stay out of it as you so kindly put it. Agressive personal attacks like this is uncalled for at any time.

Yes, you did and you have done so ever since you started the ID.

Message 88 of 175
Latest reply

Deb it is a friendly community gesture. Personally whatever people sign is no concern of mine, however  i was just letting unaware people know the risk they take with sights such as that site in respect of the data mining. I have done my bit to alert people, if they want to ignore my advice then i say .............be my guest 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 89 of 175
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

OMG , do you mean to say that you are not one oft the 361,000,000 who knows about it?

Data Callection.jpg

Some simple Google search basics:

A simple search does not indicate how many people know about a topic, it indicates how many results have been found by the Googlebot. It's in Google Basics.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/70897?hl=en

For example, If I search for "chocolate" I get 451,000,000 results, if I search for "theft" I get 253,000,000 results, if I search for that other thing I'm told people use the Internet for I get 1,010,000,000 results.  Those numbers don't tell me how many individuals know or deeply care about a topic. What they do tell me is what people use the Internet for...basically all that stuff plus pics of funny cats. 

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 90 of 175
Latest reply