Ignore function....

I want it back... and when I put someone on ignore I want it to also put me on their ignore list... 

Cat Mad

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ignore function....

I agree with wanting the option of having the ignore feature to ignore posters and their posts back as it was on 

CS before the recent changes.

I don't think the other option of the ignored not being able to read the ignorers posts would be suitable on a public forum.

Wouldn't that make a sort of not real community? If you only want to communicate with people who think like you/agree with you? bearing in mind it is a public forum and anyone and everyone is free to post here.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

I agree cat.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

nice idea, apparently lithium never had that feature on any of their froums, only for the PM system 

(but, i never saw the need for a ignore button myself)

Signatures suck.
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

nice idea, apparently lithium never had that feature on any of their froums, only for the PM system 

(but, i never saw the need for a ignore button myself)

Yep, I ignored the ignore feature anyway. I'd rather read whatever I choose to read and ignore what I choose to ignore. Don't need a button for that.

It would get rather boring if we could stop everyone who disagrees with our opinions from being able to read everyones posts.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

It would get rather boring if we could stop everyone who disagrees with our opinions from being able to read everyones posts.

yeah not such a nice idea after all

fair enough if you want to ignore someone (if that ignore feature still existed

but, to prevent that member from reading your posts too is going a little overboard

they should have every right to read your posts, it should be up to them if they want to ignore too

(hypothetically)

Signatures suck.
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

The ignore button was a must for me. I have that disease where you just can't seem to help responding to fools in the way they are likely to understand -  and that of course usually ended up in a resounding slap.

Now I have to be so very careful and keep so much inside it is becoming detrimental to my mental state.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

The ignore button was a must for me. I have that disease where you just can't seem to help responding to fools in the way they are likely to understand -  and that of course usually ended up in a resounding slap.

Now I have to be so very careful and keep so much inside it is becoming detrimental to my mental state.

Exactly..... 

it seems the older I get the more likely I am to tell someone where to go in language that a lot of people don't like... 

and the reason I want to be able to block people from reading my posts is because I don't feel they are worthy of reading my wonderful posts... Cat Tongue

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

I can't tell whose posts belong to who anymore without trying......Woman Frustrated

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@catmad*2013 wrote:

@2106greencat wrote:

Exactly..... 

it seems the older I get the more likely I am to tell someone where to go in language that a lot of people don't like... 

and the reason I want to be able to block people from reading my posts is because I don't feel they are worthy of reading my wonderful posts... Cat Tongue

I think it would cause major issues if we could block people from seeing posts.

It would be intimidating and excluding.  It would be easy for little groups to each block a member for the sake of teasing, mocking and causing grief to that person.  

I find the older I get the easier it is not to use offensive language at them when telling them where to go  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply