Importance of pink bats commission as opposed to Child abuse commission?

Is it a Catholic thing that would make a government take 12 million from the Child abuse commission and give it to the pink bat commision, or is it just an Abbott thing?

They should be putting more money into catching those flea's who hid behind the church to abuse little kids not less.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@margomeoz wrote:

Is it a Catholic thing that would make a government take 12 million from the Child abuse commission and give it to the pink bat commision, or is it just an Abbott thing?

They should be putting more money into catching those flea's who hid behind the church to abuse little kids not less.

Not sure if it is a Catholic thing, it's not very Christian.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

It's a Liberal thing.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

It's a mean thing Margo
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

oh you meant pink batts?

pink batts.jpg

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Reallocating this money is just wrong, makes me wonder why he is making investigations harder by reducing resources, although I guess its not all that surprising given his support of an accused priest in the past.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

oh you meant pink batts?

Do you think it's rather odd that the media and whoever else keeps calling it a pink batt enquiry instead of insulation enquiry?

Pink Batts is a brand name and the deaths had nothing to do with Pink Batts.  The young people who dies were installing foil insulation, based on reports I've seen.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Funny you should mention this because I read an article about this just recently.

Article was saying that 'pink batts' sounds innocuous. Soft easy work that anyone can do. Like something not dangerous and certainly no something that can kill you.

Wheras by using words like thermal insulation or sarking or foil insulation, the task suddenly sounds more technical and more likely to require someone who has had professional training.

The other thing is that the media continuously fails to mention that the contractors did not follow Australian Standards (which cover our building inductsy) despite knowing what the Australians Standards are that relate to the installation and despite the all packaging on the products being labelled with information saying that the products were to be laid in compliance with Australian Standards.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@freakiness wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

oh you meant pink batts?

Do you think it's rather odd that the media and whoever else keeps calling it a pink batt enquiry instead of insulation enquiry?

Pink Batts is a brand name and the deaths had nothing to do with Pink Batts.  The young people who dies were installing foil insulation, based on reports I've seen.

I have mentioned this a few times on here but people seem to be hell bent on spreading misinformation..................

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

@freakiness wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

oh you meant pink batts?

I have mentioned this a few times on here but people seem to be hell bent on spreading misinformation..................

😄 sorry, I didn't notice

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply