Inventions Too Weird (Probably) To Work/Market/etc.

Following on from a post I made earlier today:

I have a terrible vision of improbably large-breasted women pressing the “button” and speaking downwards…

“Hello? Babes? Hang on, my new tootsphone has some speaker problems. What’d’ya think? Crossed underwires?”

... it gave me a much-needed smile. And so I thought to myself, "I'm sure others on these boards might have some fun ideas along the same weird lines."

The idea is simple: you "invent" something that probably is too improbable to ever gain a foothold in the world. Describe it, give examples of it in use, be as absurd as you want... draw it, photograph something that you say is the invention you have in mind... It doesn't have to be realistic, but it should be something funny or weird or ridiculous or thought-provoking in an odd sort of way.

I hope that this will be a fun thread for everyone here to enjoy. If it doesn't take off, we can throw this onto the scrapheap of inventions that just... never... made it.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There are no inventions too weird.

c6396dd32643afcf6a588c83055930ed.jpg

And room for the SIM card. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Fingernails with little selfie cameras: just the thing for the person eager to miss not a single shot as they splay their fingers in front of their face.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Mine actually negated the need for ' implants ' . 🤣

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Well, this could have been a dangerous invention when toilet paper was in high demand:

weirdinvention.JPG

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

eat enough worms....grow wings....fly without a passport

twyngwyn_0-1631951095420.jpeg

might take a while

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

LOL

images - 2021-04-07T141954.044.jpeg

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply