Is Tommy still with us?

Tommy hasn't posted anything for a week.

Fearing the worst.  😞

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is Tommy still with us?

I am so sorry to report the bad news.

Tommy last posted on the board where he and I first "met" online on 12th November. I don't think he'd mind, in the circumstances, that I describe the post. It was one of his joke images of two wild-haired men with just the remnant of their clothing still on them, sitting on a tiny island with a coconut tree behind them. Coconuts have fallen from the tree and are gathered in a huge pile. One of the men is handing a round gift-wrapped present to the other with the words, "You can't open it till your birthday - it's a surprise".

That last post was the final post in every sense.

The death notice is here. He passed away on 12th November, surrounded by family.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Is Tommy still with us?

I've noticed too. Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

I hope he's alright and just taking a little break  xxx

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

Im sure he mentioned on his joke thread a month ago that he had a month to live..........

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

From his Joke thread on 3rd November - post # 2903

Was in hospital with CANCER in the lung,, Doctors waiting to do tests.. Had Doctor come in and tell me that oxygen is not at righting ..and Cancer is spreading around lungs .. Say i may have 2 or 4 weeks to live ..Its one day at a time with me now.. I had a good innings and anyone whos knows me say im always happy.. at hospital in 2017 then 2018 got the all clear.. .. Just waiting to be sent home to die. They said Oxygen is what lungs needs and lungs not strong enouth..they didnt send for me 2019 or 2020 for follow up..thats when tumber formed If i had been scaned they would have found the tumber,, cant wait to get home ..The hospital is doing an after care programe for me in the house.. Am now home ..time to put my jokes on .....Join Tommys Jokes on facebook.

And 3 posts later -

0..jpg

No posts since the 10th November

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

I don't know Tommy, but I had a look at his facebook joke page. After posting multiple times a day, every day, there has been nothing for 6 days. I did a bit of stalking, but couldn't find anything. Maybe someone could send his wife Irene a message?

I joined the page, so if anything is posted, I'll let you all know.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

Oh no ... Smiley Sad   I didn't see that post about Tommy and cancer so it has come as a shock.  Poor Tommy .. always so wonderfully "wild" and bubbly and could always bounce his jokes in different directions.

If you don't get back here Tommy, wherever you are, thank you for making Community Spirit just that little bit different from where you were ....  HeartHeartHeart

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

I am so sorry to report the bad news.

Tommy last posted on the board where he and I first "met" online on 12th November. I don't think he'd mind, in the circumstances, that I describe the post. It was one of his joke images of two wild-haired men with just the remnant of their clothing still on them, sitting on a tiny island with a coconut tree behind them. Coconuts have fallen from the tree and are gathered in a huge pile. One of the men is handing a round gift-wrapped present to the other with the words, "You can't open it till your birthday - it's a surprise".

That last post was the final post in every sense.

The death notice is here. He passed away on 12th November, surrounded by family.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

Too - too - sad.

RIP Tommy.

Thoughts for his family & friends.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Is Tommy still with us?

RIP Tommy.

You'll be missed.

😞