Is this carp normal ??

Hi all,

tonight I decided to pay the Community Spirit boards a visit for the first time ever.

I have found myself confronted with numerous religious threads.

Is this normal for the CS boards?

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time.

cheers

Message 1 of 154
Latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

Re: Is this carp normal ??

@imastawka wrote:

Aw,  poor fing doesn't have an avi

@dixo2009 wrote:

Hi mb, it's cool to see you jump over to the CS board for a bit of a change in pace. Smiley Very Happy  

No point being nakid tho! Smiley Surprised 

I found a dress to wear...

Hope you like it. ♥

avi

Hi dixo, thanks for the kind welcome, and thanks for the offer of a dress, but I found a pic of a pair of kitty's that I used to use as a msn avi. Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 154
Latest reply

@modestbods wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:
Listen, I never had the red carpet rolled out for me. But then again I'm just a rude American that just walked in unannounced. 😉 🙂

I'm still not a steady here..... Yet!

Hi jet, nice to meet you.

I've had plenty of American friends through the years. They weren't ALL bad. Smiley Wink

I never expected to have the red carpet rolled out for me either. I took the initial 'icy' welcome I got on the chin & I replied politely & in good humour.

Since then, it has become very apparent to me that 'someone' has decided to take their frustration out on me for their having been called to task by others on here for the manner in which they apparently regard & treat newcomers to these boards, which I point out was hardly my doing/fault.

But that's fine with me I don't mind a bit of 'friendly banter' whatsoever, but if anyone thinks I'm going to lay down and take a kicking just because they feel like venting their angst by bullying the first 'noob' they see... well they best be prepared to get a good kicking directed right back at them. Smiley Wink

Do get over yourself, won't you? You come here shooting from the hip calling threads here carp, posters bigots and zealots, and ir it ddn't change to suit you, you'd take yourself off because you have "better things to do". 

Then you wonder why you got a frosty reception.

Well guess what? I had to go through my initiation here and take my lumps like everyone else, and I'm still here, still taking my lumps even though I also have "better things to do".

I guess I just keep banging my head against that brick wall, because every time I stop, it hurts.  Woman LOL

So by all means, come in and interact with us, we are the same mix of ppl with our diverse interests and opinions as you'd find anywhere. Like us or lump us, but pls stop playing that violin.

Message 82 of 154
Latest reply

This is exactly what I like about you icy........ 😉

What don't you tell Jak how you really feel 🙂
Message 83 of 154
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

No one is forcing you to stay, like it or lump it, no one is going to care either way

That's almost as warm as the welcome I got when I first came.

why? did you announce your arrival

in similar manner?

Message 84 of 154
Latest reply

@goldenjet16 wrote:
This is exactly what I like about you icy........ 😉

What don't you tell Jak how you really feel 🙂

Woman Very Happy@ Jet

Message 85 of 154
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

No one is forcing you to stay, like it or lump it, no one is going to care either way

That's almost as warm as the welcome I got when I first came.

why? did you announce your arrival

in similar manner?

TBH I don't really remember my first post on CS.

I wouldn't have been game enough to start my own thread though.

I lurked for a while first,  to get the 'vibe'

I still remember the posters who were nasty.

Two of them are still here.  I also remember who was nice.

A couple of them have been hounded off here.

But I toughed it out.

And stayed,    just to annoy everybody.     Hahahaha

Message 86 of 154
Latest reply

I was going to say, mission accomplished 😄 but that would be mean.  Just kidding.

Joono
Message 87 of 154
Latest reply

Well, let's face it.    With my id who knows what to expect?

It took me long enough to find the Community Boards in the first place.

I know now,  y'all probably thought I was just another troll
I didn't know about trolls back then.  So I understand now         

Message 88 of 154
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@modestbods wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:
Listen, I never had the red carpet rolled out for me. But then again I'm just a rude American that just walked in unannounced. 😉 🙂

I'm still not a steady here..... Yet!

Hi jet, nice to meet you.

I've had plenty of American friends through the years. They weren't ALL bad. Smiley Wink

I never expected to have the red carpet rolled out for me either. I took the initial 'icy' welcome I got on the chin & I replied politely & in good humour.

Since then, it has become very apparent to me that 'someone' has decided to take their frustration out on me for their having been called to task by others on here for the manner in which they apparently regard & treat newcomers to these boards, which I point out was hardly my doing/fault.

But that's fine with me I don't mind a bit of 'friendly banter' whatsoever, but if anyone thinks I'm going to lay down and take a kicking just because they feel like venting their angst by bullying the first 'noob' they see... well they best be prepared to get a good kicking directed right back at them. Smiley Wink

...You come here shooting from the hip calling threads here carp, posters bigots and zealots...

like it or not he was pretty much bang on the money given the endless religious and political threads and right fighters defending their stance to the bitter end...

Message 89 of 154
Latest reply

I agree

also this bit from OP -

would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time than deal with ignorant fanatics.

and.............psssst pepe......given the kittehs in the avi, I think he's a she

Message 90 of 154
Latest reply