Je Ne Suis Plus Charlie !

57 REPLIES 57

Re: Je Ne Suis Plus Charlie !

You are right, She Ele, some people don't know where the line begins or ends.

The incident in Germany only inflamed more anti-refugee minds in Europe, and made the racists more determined to voice their opinions on matters they only partially understand.

For instant; my family could fight amongst each other like cats and dogs, but let an outsider attack one of my family, then my whole family will retaliate and protect the one family member. Right or wrong.

Such is the mentality of people from one country or from one region.

Unfortunately there is nothing we Down Under can do about it, but learn from their mistakes.

Erica

Message 2 of 58
Latest reply

If you scroll down a bit on the link you've

Added, you will find another interesting

topic about The Church Of The 

Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Members are known as Pastafarians.

A member in Russia has just won the right to have

His licence photo taken wearing the religions

traditional headpiece, a colander.

And yet another member in NZ,

Has been the first member to officially

Conduct a marriage ceremony.

Thus confirming that anything can 

Pass for religion if there are enough fruit loops

To perpetuate the fantasy. 

And yes the Hebdo pic is in poor taste

Message 3 of 58
Latest reply

ecar3483
Community Member

I don't know what the French word, or expression, for journalistic shock jock is, but I'm sure if I said "Hebdo", they'd know what I meant.

Message 4 of 58
Latest reply

I think it's in very poor taste too

Message 5 of 58
Latest reply

Words cannot express.....is there any hope for the human species??

Message 6 of 58
Latest reply

Unfortunately, not just the one, incident.

There were many attacks, in many German cities.

There have been attacks of a sexual nature in Sweden and Denmark, also.

Austria, is running out of shotguns, as citizens arm themselves for what they see as the need for self-protection.

Finland, has a vigilante group swearing to protect the country from similar attacks.

Angela Merkel, has said they "lost control".

The question is, if a country lets in an enormous number of people, how can they assume, control?

There needs to be more than adequate housing, medical care, upfront...then language, education in general, employment opportunities...

Many, many things to be thought of, and put into place, before mass arrivals.

40 politicians in Merkel's own party are calling for Germany to be closed to asylum seekers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12097762/Angela-Merkel-faces-new-rebellion-...

The image was obviously, in poor taste and uncalled for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 58
Latest reply

For anyone unaware of this, 650 women have filed criminal complaints over such incidents. The situation is not about race to me, but the behaviour of anyone who would perpetrate a sexual attack. It is horrendous.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 58
Latest reply

johcaschro
Community Member

More than 650 complaints of sexual assault, assault and robbery; and rising.

And not just in Cologne, but in other cities, in other parts of Europe.

The common factor in those offending is that they were young men. but more specifically, young Muslim men.

The Charlie Hebdo cartoon is offensive and it's meant to be. It's meant to underline the fact that Muslim boys who grow up to become Muslim men are taught a certain attitude towards women, and the cartoon is critical of this attitude.

The boys will grow up absorbing a certain taught attitude.

Anyone who understands what Islam teaches will know what this attitude is. (and anyone who has to ask what that is, just needs to read the Koran or visit some relevant website where Islam is explained by those who support it.

It is what it is and  it doesn't need sources critical of Islam to give a bad impression. The  supportive literature is shocking enough in its expression of contempt for other religions, other cultures, and for its attitudes towards women.

That's the common factor. a certain culturally taught attitude. and it's taught by the religion of Islam.

So, what is really offensive in that cartoon? What I find offensive is that becasue of what Islam teaches, the scenario that cartoon predicts is probably an accurate one.

The Jesuits knew what they were about when they said "Give me the child until he is seven and I'll show you the man" (there are variations on this statement but they all ackowledge that a child may be moulded and shaped for life by the attitudes and the lessons they are taught when very young . . .  for those who disagree with me, I can only advise them to read the literature and fully acquaint yourselves with what Islam actually teaches, and then to sit and think on it for a while)

Message 9 of 58
Latest reply

Finally someone who has grasped the meaning of the cartoon!

Interesting to see how easily swayed by the media. Earlier this year it was all Je Suis Charlie.

Now wer'e not.

Message 10 of 58
Latest reply