Justine: Why was she shot dead?

17 REPLIES 17

Very strange, especially because she approached the police car from the left and was shot by the guy sitting on the right, shooting across his partner's lap and out of the window. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

johcaschro
Community Member

Why was she shot dead?

Because the policeman saw an unarmed woman in night attire waving her arms about as a deadly threat to his and to his society's safety?

America's love affair with guns was always going to have its casualties.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

Justine Damond Ruszczyk: Why was she shot dead?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-20/justine-damond-ruszczyks-family-seeking-justice-over-shooting/...

She should not have been and in Australia, I think it is unlikely she would have been.

We know now that she was an innocent woman in pyjamas, waving her arms, unarmed, and was the person who had placed the call.

So why was she shot?  it was night time so I presume the officer just saw a figure rapidly approaching the car, maybe saw an arm up in the air, & was filled with panic, thinking they were about to be attacked. They were out investigating a possible serious assault so they were already in the frame of mind of looking out for an attacker. I'd say in daylight she would have been safe. I'm betting, since she had on pyjamas, that the officer didn't even realise it was a woman.

Does that excuse him shooting? No. Clearly, there should be a real threat before anyone is shot at.

What it does outline though is the level of fear or stress police may be under in USA, possibly because guns are much more common there & they never know if a citizen is going to come at them with one.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

All incorrect assumptions, Springy.

She had approached the police car, and was talking to the driver, when the police officer

in the passenger seat fired at her through the open window - across his driver partner!!

The officer in question was already under investigation for another compaint.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

i think it shows even though police shooting innocent people is a very common news item in the USA middle class white folk still see the police as good guys who are there to protect them.

i guess the more high profile shooting of white people that occure that may well change.

there are many areas in cities of the USA where coloured people run at the sight of a police cruiser in their neighbourhood.

i rekon the same reaction will be happening in white areas too soon.

its not very difficult to find video evedence on the internet of cops 'earning the hate' on the streets of america. one of the problems are the guys and girls they choose to hire for the job, ex military. people trained to act first then ask questions, which is fine in a war zone but not in residential places.

they have a 'i'm in charge, you do what i say....OR ELSE!' attitude. and the police set up backs them even when they completely screw up. cops rarely face charges for any crimes they commit when wearing their uniforms. if the Department gets sued, its taxpayers who pay the payout, not the officer or even his department.

and the poor smuck whos been set apon by these screwups, they need money to sue, its not free. getting a lawyer to take on govt is not easy and its expensive. if you win you'll most likely lose all you got paying the lawyers.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

All incorrect assumptions, Springy.

She had approached the police car, and was talking to the driver, when the police officer

in the passenger seat fired at her through the open window - across his driver partner!!

The officer in question was already under investigation for another compaint.

I don't know all the details of the case.

The nearest info i found was

According to Officer Harrity, who was driving the patrol car, as they pulled up to the property the men were startled when a woman slapped the squad car.

Immediately afterwards, Ms Damond Ruszczyk approached the driver's side window in her pyjamas and Office Noor shot her in the stomach.

So it's dark, there is a thump on the car, Noor sees someone approaching his partner's side. It doesn't say in that report she was actually standing at the window talking to his partner, it says she approached the car.

So it sounds to me as if he was spooked.

That doesn't mean I think he should have shot her, but I have my doubts he would have bent around his partner to shoot a woman who was in the middle of a conversation with his partner. To me it would make more sense that he shot her as she went to talk to the partner & the partner, being closer & in a better position to see, was probably horrified as he could tell it was a woman out there.

The officer was far too hasty. For all he knew, if there had been a sexual assault, that could have been the victim running to them.

I still don't think it would be as likely to play out this way in Australia.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

The early reports were much more detailed.  

The driver/partner was horrified at the time, but has changed his view and is supporting 

the 'official' view.

I'll try to find one of the earliest reports.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Also strange that their body cameras were not turned on - either of them

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/police-shooters-partner-stunned-by-fatal-shooting-of-jus...

This report says he fired multiple times.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-18/justine-damond-minnesota-policeman-had-two-years-experience/87...

It has been deemed a homicide.  Officer Noor and his partner are on paid administrative leave.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

The early reports were much more detailed.  

The driver/partner was horrified at the time, but has changed his view and is supporting 

the 'official' view.

I'll try to find one of the earliest reports.

this is what happens a lot, they back each other up no matter what as going against the 'blue line' is like asking to be black balled.

if an officer gives testimony that makes another officer guilty of a crime, that officer will be hounded out of the force, corruption runs deep in the american police system.

thanks to everyone almost having cameras video showing corruption is getting out. even cops own body cams are catching them out. they know they are wearing cameras and still do stuff, thats how bad things are.

in recent times cops have accidentally filmed themselves planting drugs, shooting people with their hands in the air! FROM BEHIND!

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply