Lions 1 - poachers nil

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A suspected poacher was mauled to death and eaten by a pack of lions close to the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police said Monday, adding that little was left of the victim's body.

The remains were found at the weekend in the bush at a private game park near Hoedspruit in the northern province of Limpopo, where animals have been poached in increasing numbers over recent years.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions. They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

A loaded hunting rifle was found near the body on Saturday morning. Police are trying to establish the victim's identity.

More here -

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/suspected-poacher-eaten-by-lions-in-south-africa/ar-BBJ2gJ1?oci...

All I can say is Yay for the lions

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Lions 1 - poachers nil

I saw this on Facebook. All people are with the lions and not with the poacher.
One less evil person in the world is how I see it!
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

A pity, though, that Rhinos and Elephants can't eat poachers.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

I am sure they could do quite a bit of damage to a human being. Maybe they aren't ferocious enough.
As you say, a great pity....
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

@imastawkawrote:

A pity, though, that Rhinos and Elephants can't eat poachers.

I reckon they should get any poacher that's caught to go one on one with whatever animal they are hunting,(to

make it fair the poacher wont be given any weapons),good.gif

I'm sure Rhino's and Elephants detest them as much as we do and will give them an appropriate "chance",Sunnies.gif

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

A great shame it does not happen far more often

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

I wonder if the lions didn't eat his head because they knew that being a poacher, didn't have enough brains not to poach, so it was an empty cavity? ... Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

Poetic justice, anyone?

Well, admittedly, not Quite poetic justice, because the jackass who "ordered the hit" doesn't seem to have received their obligatory visit from Lady Karma, but maybe that's coming... ha ha.

🙂

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

one wonders if the animal world has a saying like ours,

"Tasted like Chicken"

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply