Lions 1 - poachers nil

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A suspected poacher was mauled to death and eaten by a pack of lions close to the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police said Monday, adding that little was left of the victim's body.

The remains were found at the weekend in the bush at a private game park near Hoedspruit in the northern province of Limpopo, where animals have been poached in increasing numbers over recent years.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions. They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

A loaded hunting rifle was found near the body on Saturday morning. Police are trying to establish the victim's identity.

More here -

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/suspected-poacher-eaten-by-lions-in-south-africa/ar-BBJ2gJ1?oci...

All I can say is Yay for the lions

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Lions 1 - poachers nil

ooak3
Community Member

Stawka some good news for a change !  yay 

gotta love that Karma !!

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

Smiley Very Happy

Just reading all the responses & it seems that everyone is quite happy.

For some reason it made me think of those news segments you see sometimes. The ones where a senior policeman comes on and says what a terrible tragedy it is that some louts in a stolen car were killed in a crash or some young terrorist was killed.

I thought maybe I was the only one who was sitting there, thinking.. karma.Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

No Springy, you are not the only one who thinks karma when a criminal or a terrorist is killed.

The only time I feel sorrow is when an innocent person is killed while minding their own business.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

@springyzonewrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Just reading all the responses & it seems that everyone is quite happy.

For some reason it made me think of those news segments you see sometimes. The ones where a senior policeman comes on and says what a terrible tragedy it is that some louts in a stolen car were killed in a crash or some young terrorist was killed.

I thought maybe I was the only one who was sitting there, thinking.. karma.Smiley Wink

like this story,

Former bikie boss Mahmoud 'Mick' Hawi on life support after being shot outside Sydney gym

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-15/bikie-boss-mahmoud-hawi-shooting-at-rockdale-gym/9450570

its really sad our highly trained medical people are careing for someone who is not worth their time and effort.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Lions 1 - poachers nil

Hunter Hunting Moose.jpg

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply