Community Member

melbourneweather.PNG

Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Melbourne Cup Weather

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's no longer raining in Melbourne, but the track would be soggy.

Melbourne Cup facts and figures:

If you've drawn Who Shot Thebarman in your office sweep, you can throw away your ticket as no horse has ever won the Melbourne Cup from barrier 18.

This is known locally as 'running through the rose bushes'

On the positive side, barriers five (Red Cardinal) and 11 (Avilius) have supplied the most winners over the years.

And if you weren't lucky enough to draw Yucatan in the sweep, don't despair as the favourite only wins on average once every four years.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Melbourne Cup Weather

And no 10 year old has won - (Who shot the barman).

My father said Avilius is the one (10).

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Melbourne Cup Weather

Cross Counter wins!
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Melbourne Cup Weather

Which means I didn't. Smiley Sad

Oh well, next year.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Melbourne Cup Weather

Very sad, Cliffsofmoher has been euthanized after what looked like a broken leg. Smiley Sad

image host
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Melbourne Cup Weather

We had torrential rainfall this morning, there has honestly not been anything like it all year, as far as I can recall.

Parts of a walkway behind our house were lakes. been years since I have seen that, it only happens when we get a lot in a short time.

Trust it to happen on Melbourne Cup day as I had a BBQ to go to (birthday bbq, luckily we ate indoors at a dining table. 

But then the sun came out in the afternoon.

poor cliffsofmoher. I never watched the race but if I had to choose a horse name, that one would have sent tingles up my spine, have just been writing about the cliffs of Moher/County Clare in a book about our ancestry.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply