Melting Swiss Glaciers Give Up Their Secrets

Melting glaciers in Swiss Alps could reveal hundreds of mummified corpses

Swiss police say hundreds of bodies of mountaineers who have gone missing in the Alps in the past century could emerge in coming years as global warming forces the country's glaciers to retreat.

Alpine authorities have registered a significant increase in the number of human remains discovered last month, with the body of a man missing for 30 years the most recent to be uncovered.

Rescue teams in Saas Valley in the Valais canton were called last Tuesday after two climbers retreating from an aborted ascent spotted a hand and two shoes protruding from the Hohlaub glacier.

Rescuers spent two hours freeing the body with icepicks and their bare hands before a helicopter flew the remains to Bern. Forensics experts matched the DNA to that of a German citizen, born in 1943, who had gone missing on a hike in 11 August 1987.

The discovery comes less than a week after the bodies of a Swiss couple, missing for 75 years, were found in the Tsanfleuron glacier in the same canton. Marcelin and Francine Dumoulin had disappeared after going out to milk their cows in a meadow above Chandolin on 15 August 1942.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/melting-glaciers-in-swiss-alps-could-reveal-hundreds-of-mummifie...

Anybody still not believing Global Warming?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Melting Swiss Glaciers Give Up Their Secrets

And my observation is that right-wingers adopt a holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to carrying fetuses to term, but ignore them once they exit the birth canal, and castigate their mothers for bringing another mouth to suck at the public teat.  Then there's their attitude towards the family........until they get caught porking an intern or a domestic, then they blame their human weakness and ask God to forgive them.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Did I mention that left wingers also try to change the subject when they know they are loosing the debate.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

How do you "loose" a debate?

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Left is loose.   Right is tight.

But only if you've got a screw loose    >>>>>>>>>>>> running.gif

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

Possibly - by not sticking with the original idea of the thread.

This has - what to do with - Glaciers

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

Must be from dragging my knuckles on the ground. Makes it difficult to type so I mash the key board with my thumbs.

All this heat makes me dull.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Give it up guys, 

I_Can_Typing.gif            Image result for thread derailment

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@otto880_3 wrote:
Did I mention that left wingers also try to change the subject when they know they are loosing the debate.

You didn't mention it but, yes, that's true.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply