Mobile phone recommendations please

OH has been using my old iPhone4 but it has finally given up the ghost and died.  I love my iPhone but he's not keen on getting another smart phone.  All he needs is to make and receive calls and texts and take some pictures. He uses a prepaid Telstra plan.

Any recommendations?

Oh, and it needs to be reasonably powerful (if that's the right word) because the reception around here can be a bit scratchy at times.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Mobile phone recommendations please

Mum's just looking for something similar to what you have described and I suggested to stick with the known big names and find one with big buttons.

Sony

Motorola

Nokia

Perhaps you need to find out what the spec is for good reception and see which one has the best specs in that department.

image host
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I will be watching this thread with interest.

I have to upgrade my 2G phone to a 3G or 4G by next April and only need a basic model to make calls and send/receive texts.....and not too expensive

I would prefer not to even have phone that connects to the internet either but that seems to be a big ask.

lurker, check out Alcatel and ZTE.....so far they they seem to be checking out for me.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Kopes, you assume Lurker's OH needs big buttons.

Lyndal, my phone only takes/makes calls and texts.  Has a camera and video. 

Bluetooth, alarm etc and it only cost me $49.  No internet.  3G

I have since been told I was ripped off .  Someone got one from Telstra for $12 - go figure.

It's a Nokia C2-01 and it's all I need a phone for.   Grandkids laugh at it.

Related imageRelated image

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

funny-phone.jpg

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Stay away from the Telstra branded ZTE's is my advice. Speaking from experience,they are garbage. You'll be lucky to get 6-12 months out of them.
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Hubby bought me a new phone a Motorola, it is really good, easy to work and everything is big on it and easy

to see.  I have a problem with my left eye, nearly blind due to glaucoma, I couldnt read things with my last phone, but 

with this Motorola I have no problems. it is a  Moto G 4.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Assuming they are still available Stawks, that is what I want.   It is almost identical to what I have.....a Nokia 1650 (which is still available in India.   lol)

My phone was a necessity when I got it....Dad was in a Nursing Home.  Now it is just a convenience. 

If anyone laughs at my phone I'll belt 'em wif me 'andbag.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Stawks you are a legend.

I have tracked that phone down to being available from Optus and I have a $29 credit voucher to spend with Optus.  Whooo Hooo!!

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I like the look and sound of that one stawks.  I just wonder if the buttons might be too small.  Not for the seeing of, but for the operating.  Is it true to size against that hand in the pic?  I'm afraid his stumpy fingers might not fit ๐Ÿ˜‚

Spoiler
Did I really type that out loud?

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply