More restrictions expected tonight

Another National Cabinet Meeting scheduled for tonight.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/24/morning-mail-lockdowns-on-agenda-rapid-testin...

It is expected we will move from Phase1 to Phase 2 or more of restrictions.

Good.  Whatever it takes.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

@imastawka wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Yes they are freezing the mortgage payments for 3 or 6 months but they still need to be paid and the interest will still be accruing.  They are NOT forgiving the loan repayments for that period, they are simply putting them on the back burner.  It was explained by an economist that if the interest component of the loan is say $1000 pm and the loan repayment is frozen for 6 months, then the back interest will  still be be charged, so at the end of the 6 months to borrower will still owe 6 months worth of interest eg $6000

Better, then, if you're with the Commonwealth Bank -

Your loan term will be extended so repayments stay the same as they were before you started the deferral

Either way is a worry, no one is the winner in this crisis.   ...... I kinda happy I am poor, I really dont own much to lose

Message 51 of 64
Latest reply

Yes, my house needs more expensive updating/repairs, but it's all mine and it keeps the rain out.

Message 52 of 64
Latest reply

@Stawks - since you own your house, that means you could install wheelchair ramps! You're own private skateboard park but on your wheelchair! You could be doing tricks and stunts in no time. Get someone to record you then upload to You Tube to generate some extra money!

WOOT!
Message 53 of 64
Latest reply

Same here - no mortgage - & the roof is fixed.

I still need a gardener who looks good bending over - an absolute mess out there.

Message 54 of 64
Latest reply

@domino - hahaha - priorities, right? LOL
Message 55 of 64
Latest reply

"I still need a gardener who looks good bending over "          creature.jpg                                                         

Message 56 of 64
Latest reply

I was going to jump on payment deferral but will wait till I can refinance back to interest only in a few months depending on which way things go as far as spending. 

Message 57 of 64
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

I still need a gardener who looks good bending over - an absolute mess out there.

Derek?

Message 58 of 64
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Derek?

LOL - do you have his number. ????

Message 59 of 64
Latest reply

The one thing that you can say for social distancing is that it certainly has changed the way we live our lives...

where-is-waldo-coronavirus-edition.jpg

🙂

Message 60 of 64
Latest reply