My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

My day

I unbored Mr F this morning I introduced him to the duster and the vac cleaner to do his room Woman LOL

Message 4361 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

lol good one freddie .... I dont go into Mr B's minefield study very often, too dangerous lol lol

Message 4362 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

My grandfather had a wholesale lily nursery, this one is named after me.

Sharon Lee.jpg

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4363 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

Awww, I just googled his business name and found a nice message on the webpage of the current owners about my grandpa passing away early this year

https://www.goldenray.com.au/

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4364 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

@punch*drunk wrote:

Awww, I just googled his business name and found a nice message on the webpage of the current owners about my grandpa passing away early this year

https://www.goldenray.com.au/

You are his most beautiful Lily/Orchid.

Message 4365 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

They are stunning PD, have you ever grown them?

Just checked out the web site. looks like they may sell to the public as well, am hoping so, as they are quite a few there I would like to purchase

Message 4366 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

Some beautiful lilies on that link.... and some very reasonable prices

Message 4367 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

I have a handful in my garden but I dont think they are doing too well. I didnt really inherit the green thumb unfortunately. Also grandpa sold the business when I was in my late teens and nothing much remains of the lilies he cultivated. The guy he sold to ran the business into the ground and the current owner bought the business name for his own nursery. He was a personal friend of my grandfather.

Yes, they sell to the public and it would be well worth buying them from there rather than a retail outlet. You wont get them till winter though when they dig them up for the year.

Ahh the memories, the digging, the packing, the posting lol.........grandpa used to personally deliver anything reasonably local and I'd often tag along ๐Ÿ™‚

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4368 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

I am assuming that the bulbs will multiply like most bulbs do, I noticed that they dont like to be lifted and will grow well in pots 

Mitre 10 only had pink ones, one plant in a pot for $24, so pleased I didnt buy it

I will def be ordering some, I love themand their prices are very reasonable

Message 4369 of 6,720
Latest reply

My day

@b3llag1na wrote:

Some beautiful lilies on that link.... and some very reasonable prices

haha, maybe they'll get a sudden influx of orders and wonder why? They are lovely, a very small range compared to what my grandfather had 40 odd years ago and I dont recognise many of the names.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4370 of 6,720
Latest reply