National anthem protest

National anthem protest: 9yo refuses to stand because anthem is for 'white people of Australia'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-12/national-anthem-kenmore-school-brisbane/10235792

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

National anthem protest

Yep  .... she definately has made her point   ..... lotsa very positve comments/articles have been written about her action ( non action?)

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

I'm old enough to remember the days when people would rush to leave the cinema before the national anthem was played so they wouldn't have to stand up looking like stunned mullets who missed the last wave.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

@johcaschro wrote:

I'm old enough to remember the days when people would rush to leave the cinema before the national anthem was played so they wouldn't have to stand up looking like stunned mullets who missed the last wave.

Yep, me too.

For those who forgot to leave early, there'd be that look of chagrin as they obediently stood....and lamented that they had to stand around wasting time...because they hadn't escaped to the car park early and would be stuck in the resulting exit traffic jam.

Lots more people went to the cinema in those days. 🙂

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

@springyzone wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

So she choose not to stand and sing the National anthem, no biggie   ..... 

I'm not suggesting it was.

What i am suggesting though is that one kid in a school of what-300? 400? 700? is hardly going to be seen except by her classmates & teacher & I'd be willing to wager the teacher didn't rush out to inform the media.

So who did? Any parents watching would have been around the perimeter, not able to hear what the teacher or child said.

I've been to hundreds of school assemblies in my day & i promise you, one child standing up would be more noticeable than one sitting when all others are standing.

And why would the media think it was such a big deal what one little 9 year old did or did not do at assembly that they felt fit to publish it and rush the child in for radio interviews?

There's a hidden agenda here and I think it is being pushed by adults. I think adults sought the publicity & the bottom line with that is-if you play for media time by pushing a social issues topic, and you expect adults to take notice of it, you also have to expect adult comment and disagreement.

I SAY WE VOTE FOR SPRINGY FOR PM.

Spoiler
She might bring a bit of common sense to Canberra !!!
Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

I SAY WE VOTE FOR "SKIPPY" FOR PM , THE COOL KANGAROOROOROOROOROOOOO!

skippy.jpg

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

download.jpg

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

@chameleon54

Spoiler
She might bring a bit of common sense to Canberra !!!

Haha thanks chameleon.Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

The way things are going in Canberra with revolving PM's, I think we could all end up having a turn there. LOL

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

the future of choosing the aussie PM

Thing-Rick-McKee.jpg

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

National anthem protest

wrote:

The way things are going in Canberra with revolving PM's, I think we could all end up having a turn there. LOL

Now that's a good idea - selected alphabetically, alternate between men and women, say 2 weeks for a turn??

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply