Nativiity scene

I'm still reeling from the shock.   Southland shopping centre (melbourne) has one of the most beautiful christmas trees i've ever seen in a mall.  And next to it ....the nativity...the old fashioned one that we know, if anyone can remember!        The baby in a manger and mary and joseph and i think a couple  of lambs thrown in too.

Can't help but wonder how long it will be allowed to sta:y there.    Smiley Surprised i'll get some photos next time. 

Has anyone else seen non pc decorations?

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Nativiity scene

ooak3
Community Member

that's really good to hear Woman Happy

i hope they stay 

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

@bright.ton42 wrote:

I'm still reeling from the shock.   Southland shopping centre (melbourne) has one of the most beautiful christmas trees i've ever seen in a mall.  And next to it ....the nativity...the old fashioned one that we know, if anyone can remember!        The baby in a manger and mary and joseph and i think a couple  of lambs thrown in too.

Can't help but wonder how long it will be allowed to sta:y there.    Smiley Surprised i'll get some photos next time. 

Sounds excellent. I think it has been years since I saw a nativity scene in public (except at churches).

At least we're not quite at the point of USA where all they say is happy holidays and not merry Christmas.

It reminds me of myself back in the 1970s at the end of the year, when i was teaching, we had a class play featuring the nativity. You wouldn't dare do that these days, that is for sure.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

48a7be15c31b2efb83034f8e782bd334.jpg

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

I just spat a moutful of mints at the computer screen

Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOLCat LOL

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

Yes, I particularly liked   'fleas navidog'

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

fleas navidog

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

@bright.ton42 wrote:

So pleased that at least one shopping centre has shown some initiative, hopefully more will follow    ..... If someone chooses to be offended by it, then that's their decision   ..... Aust is and hopefully will always be a Christian country

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

wnd_63c7eb26594b60df46b9ece0714b26d5.jpg

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

Nativiity scene

Smiley LOL......Smiley Very Happy.......Smiley Indifferent.......Smiley Embarassed......Whats myrrh ????

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply