Naughty bird

I placed my bird (in his cage) on the front verandah while tidying up.  After about 1/2 hour I glance out the door to see my bird waddling around on the floor of the verandah 😮  Not only that my dog who likes to eat birds was wandering around on the verandah.

Thankfully I was able to catch him and get him back in his cage.  Little booger brain is now in the house with pegs all over the cage.

I need a bex and lay down :^O

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Naughty bird

Lol!!.... That's cute:)

Our bird became "ours" when we found her walking around the garden....we couldn't find an owner!

iPad user 🙂
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

What breed is it vintage?

My Sunny Bird is a Quaker or Monk Parrot.  If I was to buy another one it would cost $300 to $500 (I got Sunny really cheap, mates rate :-D)

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I placed my bird (in his cage) on the front verandah while tidying up.  After about 1/2 hour I glance out the door to see my bird waddling around on the floor of the verandah 😮  Not only that my dog who likes to eat birds was wandering around on the verandah.

Thankfully I was able to catch him and get him back in his cage.  Little booger brain is now in the house with pegs all over the cage.

I need a bex and lay down :^O

"

When I saw the headline, I thought "what's hawk done now?"]:)

Sorry hawk.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Happy, our's is a cockatiel, I wasn't planning to have a bird but leaving her out there would have been unforgivable .....my daughter offered the bird her hand and the bird jumped on board and was carried inside, lol!.... We have had her ever since!!

Quaker parrots are lovely and yes!... Pretty valuable, you certainly wouldn't want to lose him.

iPad user 🙂
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

That is sweet vintage, my family had cockatiels years ago, although ours weren't tame they were in a big avary.

jon, you are funny :^O

Sunny just wolf whistelled at me, no idea where he learnt that cause I can't whistle!!

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Happy, our's is a cockatiel, I wasn't planning to have a bird but leaving her out there would have been unforgivable .....my daughter offered the bird her hand and the bird jumped on board and was carried inside, lol!.... We have had her ever since!!

Quaker parrots are lovely and yes!... Pretty valuable, you certainly wouldn't want to lose him.

Sounds like she wanted to live with you vintage 🙂

Our neighbors have a Cockatiel named Sonny who whistles at us when he hears our front gate open.. I like to go out in the morning and give him a whistle and he always whistles back

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

I don't post here very often but I can't resist a bird thread.

I have a wonderful parrot - a white-bellied caique - who is the best bird in the world! Although she can fly, she never flies away. I take her on walks with me, take her to the beach, and pretty much everywhere I go. She just parks herself on my shoulder and won't fly away. Here she is on the beach:

I also had a great lovebird named Lily'N Mozart. She is now deceased, but she was loads of fun. Here's a video of my ex-girlfriend (still close friend) playing with her. The ex gets bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoFGuTwIfuw

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

What a beautiful parrot.  It's great when they don't need to be caged.  We were on our way to the Gold Coast and stopped at Macca's in Warwick and a bloke had his parrot.  He took him everywhere.  Here he is playing with a straw.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

godsandmen, what a cutie!  I don't trust Sunny to not fly away, he gets spooked by loud noises sometimes so I just don't want to take the risk.  I do however let him out of the cage in the house regularly so he can stretch his wings, although he usually just sits ontop of his cage when I let him out! Does your bird say anything?

Birds are so intelligent aren't they?  More intelligent than dogs.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply