Need help, condensation in my car

chuk_77
Community Member

I know there are little buckets of "stuff" you can buy to put in wardrobes and stuff, that soaks up any moisture to stop mould and mildew.

I really need the name of it because my poor car interior will be green before long. The inside of the windscreen is white with condensation. Not sure how I can stop it? Will the wardrobe bucket stuff help?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Need help, condensation in my car

gkam2
Community Member

A product called DampRid disposable moisture absorber is available from Bunnings. We have used it and it works quite well.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I found in the tropics during the wet season our car would smell damp but we couldn't see any moisture. Those buckets did help but I can't recall there name...I bought it from big w.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Usually means you have water coming in somewhere.

If you can find that by looking under carpets or in boot, naturally prevention is best.

I have used open containers with rice. They absorb a lot of moisture. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

thanks for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Ill check out big W and bunnings soon. 

Kopes its only on the windscreen no where else in the car, not even the rear window. So not sure whats going on. Adelaide isnt exactly the tropics either so no idea why or where but I will go hunt through the car and see if anything looks odd, other than its holden badges 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If your water level is reducing and you need to top up the overflow, could be a leak with the heater.

That would bring condensation near the dash n windscreen.

But you're right if there is water inside, you will get all windows misting a lot.

image host
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

If you use your defrosters often, it may indicate that you have a leak in your heater..........all it takes is a pinprick hole..........

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

the car is not being driven, no rego on it

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

the rice kopenhagen mentioned,and baking soda to eliminate any smell. 

taste my religion! nibble a witch! ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

the one we have over here is called hippo something .... its in a bright pink little box .... works a treat .... a friend used it in her cupboard (in a rental) and it kept everything all dry .... wish I could remember the full name ...but sorry was a while ago ... ๐Ÿ™‚

Photobucket

BAD FORM EBAY ..... BAD FORM!
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply