New Car Advice

Does anyone have an opinion about the difference in quality between a Suzuki Swift and a Corolla hatch?

I am aware of the difference in engine capacity, the difference in the wheel base which would give better stability, and the price difference.  The dashbboard gadgetry is irrelevant.

Would the Corolla be a better car?  By much?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: New Car Advice

Thanks, it will probably not be love, as cars are getting uglier every year.

Message 11 of 39
Latest reply

Yeah they all look the same these days and plasticy.

But driving them you might find one feels really good to drive. Viewing is better, functions inside in all the right places and generally feels right.

image host
Message 12 of 39
Latest reply

I have a Suzuki Swift and love it,  my first one I had for 5 years and it never missed a beat, traded it in on a newer  model and still no complaints.

Before buying the swift I looked at a jazz but it was very tinny  unlike the swift..

Message 13 of 39
Latest reply

theyre in a different category

its probably better to compare the quailty of the same class car

...what you want - a small car or a smaller city car?

Signatures suck.
Message 14 of 39
Latest reply

what year are you thinking? Makes a difference in my opinion in regards to the zook.

My mate has a brand new corolla and loves it. But feels it lags up one our main roads that has a 100k zone and a 7ish % incline and goes for ages. Its his only gripe

Message 15 of 39
Latest reply

Thanks, it will probably not be love, as cars are getting uglier every year

lol, I knew there was a reason I come here to read the topics.

actually that Chevy got alittle better looking

ah malibu.jpg

Must have been the 70s when the cars started going downhill. Not sure the first two cars are going to post, a 1955 Chevy and a 1970 Nova.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 16 of 39
Latest reply

chevelle joani? mmm, nice

my niece bought a new hyundia and my sister recently bought a new mitsu mirage, crikey! i was just saying to her with the money that flows thru you[s] why dont you buy something lovable

i think a late - to new model quailty vehicle can still be loved

Signatures suck.
Message 17 of 39
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I have the Suzuki Swift and I've been really happy with it.  I've never driven a Carolla so I can't really help with a comparison.

It's great for every day getting around but as Punch drunk said  it's not the best for getting up steep hills. It's ok as long as you don't have impatient drivers behind you 😄

The boot space is fairly small compared to my old Astra but what I do like about it is the vision because it doesn't seem to have blind spots and also it feels solid.

Apparently it's the car you get when you really wanted a Mini and couldn't afford one.

Joono
Message 18 of 39
Latest reply

i think a late - to new model quailty vehicle can still be loved

I don't know if a car should be loved, maybe liked really well. But lets save love for people, they need it more than cars do.

ae 1968 nova.jpg

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 19 of 39
Latest reply

yea, i could use some luvin' 😄

Signatures suck.
Message 20 of 39
Latest reply