Origin electricity predictable plan

hi all,

has anyone signed up for this  predictable plan for 12 months

i have been quoted

$250 a month for electricity for 12 months

$175 for gas per month for gas for 12 months.

family of 6.  Origin told me we use less than the average family of 6 for gas and electricity. 

What do others pay. / think of this deal / anyone signing up?.

not sure whether to accept or not

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How does it compare with what you are paying now?

Add your last years bills and divide by 12.

It would cover my summer bills when the airconditioning is running but be far too much for my winter bills....we don't use room heating in the winter.

I don't have gas so no comment on that from my personal experience but my parents had gas and $175 would have covered nearly 6 months of their use (just 2 people for cooking and heating, no hot water)

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Also, have you ever dealt with Origin?

I took a 2 year contract with them quite a few years ago and nothing went right from day one.  Could not wait for the 2 years to be up so I could go back to Energy Australia.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Im currently with Origin, and have accepted to go with dodo electricity.

Dodo are offering the predictable plans on a NO TERM contract.  (origin wanted a 12mth contract)
Dodo offering us $100 off first bill.
Dodo predictable plan for us is quoted at $164 mth + plus $1.90 Direct debit fee  (Origin quoted us $273.24)

It all kicks over in June..... I cant wait to be rid of Origin......  CANT WAIT!!!  Man Wink

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

What does a family of 6 have to do with it?

It's the amount you use and not how many people you have in a house so to predict a payment due to a number of bodies in a house is

totally bull.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@scrambler3333 wrote:

What does a family of 6 have to do with it?

It's the amount you use and not how many people you have in a house so to predict a payment due to a number of bodies in a house is

totally bull.

More people equals more cooking, more hot water, and usually a larger house to heat.

So it has everything to do with it.

dog1.PNG

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

No it doesn't as 1 person is also able to generate the same amount of energy if they wanted too.

So you're saying the more people in a house the more the household should be charged with a predicted price?

What if that household only used a minimal amount of energy,is it fair to still charge the predictable amount of say $250 for that month?

HELL NO WAY!

Predictable charge should be an average usage over a period of time.

My power bills are down 40% for the same time as last year so why should I get charged the same predictable price,no way Jose' lol

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Obviously you don't take up the offer if it doesn't suit.

We were a household of 6 and when my daughter moved out with

the three kids, the bills dropped incredibly.

So, yes, the number of people makes a difference

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Obviously you don't take up the offer if it doesn't suit.

We were a household of 6 and when my daughter moved out with

the three kids, the bills dropped incredibly.

So, yes, the number of people makes a difference

I agree the number of people can make a difference....and also if just one of those people is extravagant with utilities - ie never turns off the lights, has the heater on for hours and the fan on full blast etc.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The worst part of predictable plan power is that housholds will then turn things on and leave them on,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

There is a set of 10 flats/units that are rented out which have power built into their price and their

airconditioners,TV's,PC,etc are going 24 hours a day,(when mentioned they all say that they have to pay for it

so they may as well use it).

They used to rent out at $150 per week but are now $200 as the owner said that was to cover the extra

usage.

If your total electicity usage is over  $3000 per year and over $2100 for gas then it may be a good deal,(but

they will probably set a higher rate next time round as you will have used more by the next time round).

But if you are frugal with your power and below those figures then it doesn't make economic sense to go

to predictable.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply