Protestors - sometimes ya just gotta larf

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Six Extinction Rebellion protesters have been charged after they glued themselves to the middle of Flinders Street and a nearby building during this morning's peak hour in Adelaide.

The protesters set off flares and used superglue to stick themselvse to the road as they brandished signs with slogans such as "Glued on for my grandkids".

A section of Flinders Street between Gawler Place and Wyatt Street had to be closed and authorities redirected traffic for several hours.

Two of the protestors climbed the office building of oil and gas company Santos before setting off flares and spray painting messages. They then glued themselves to the building.

The duo - a 32-year-old Paradise woman and a 64-year-old Flagstaff Hill man - have been charged with being unlawfully on the premises, property damage and disturbing the peace.

Police and firefighters needed the help of a cherry picker to reach the protesters on the Santos building.

The four women who glued themselves across the intersection of Flinders Street and Gawler Place - aged 70, 38 and two aged 65 - were charged with loitering.

Officers used syringes believed to be filled with acetate - an active ingredient in nail polish remover - to un-glue the protesters' hands.

They were then taken from the scene in police vans.

More here -

Six protesters charged after superglueing themselves to road, building (msn.com)

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not a very bright thing to do..using superglue. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Love - Superglue - and ' loitering '. LOL

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I wouldn't mind knowing the brand, the glue I buy is uselss LOL

Hope they all foot the bill for the fireys and cherry picker, personally I'd have left them there (een the ones in road)

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

So they were high and on glue? Sounds like they are in a sticky situation to me.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

abc news version

Adelaide traffic blocked by Extinction Rebellion protesters glued to road during peak hour

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-10/extinction-rebellion-protesters-disrupt-traffic-in-adelaide/1...

i wonder how these protesters manage to not fart...ever?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

So they were high and on glue? Sounds like they are in a sticky situation to me.

Not so sticky - stuck. LOL

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply