Q&A tonight

Some of the questions really made my eyes roll.

What a give me give me, nation we live in.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Q&A tonight

I nodded off
Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

So did I.
Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

the tweet comment thingy was not showing at the bottom of the screen during most of the one man/Hockey show. The comments were mostly negative before it 'broke'.

Hockey looked uncomfortable and did his best to continue denying that he and his fellow LNP/coalition members lied and continue to lie....except he now concedes that the medicare co-payment of $7 is actually a tax 'of course it is Tony, it is a tax' (Jones).

Many of the audience asked sensible questions. I liked the young Tassie guy who asked what Hockey had to say about 18,000 plus unemployed in Tasmania with only 500 available jobs. Hockey replied that they should learn (study) or earn. The Tassie chap said that many had already studied and earnt and due to a downturn their jobs were no longer there. Tassie chap said it was unfair to make these under 30's wait and starve to get any unemployment $'s for 6 months because they had lost their jobs thru no fault of their own and what could they do? Hockey did a speal about how they would create lots of jobs.......riiiight, he is so much to be believed?!!   Hockey lost this round. Rousing applause for the Tassie chap btw.

Hockey denied (to calls and boos from the large audience) many times that he and his party had lied during their election compaign to the people about what they would and would not do/promise if elected.

Same old same old.

Nothing new to report.

Just had to sit through watching Hockey and listening to Hockey lie again.

Not a pleasant experience.

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

Biggest lie was when I heard Hockey say on Q & A, "No, I don't think you have to lie to get  elected,"

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

That's the problem when they do Q&A in this format without a panel - there is no intelligent dialogue and debate. Or anyone to query his responses.

I think it is fortunate for Hockey that he didn't have a panel because many of the things he said were out and lies or serious twisting of the facts. Tony Jones did try and bring him up on a few issues but that isn't his job as host.

However, I had heard through an ABC colleague that Hockey agreed to go on the show only if Jones did not ask him questions or query him on any of the budget policies. Which would explain why Jones was skirting around with non-policy budget issues like promises.

When Hockey was faced with simple, direct and intelligent questions (like the one from the Tasmania guy) he just wouldn't answer.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

The Tasmanian guy did pretty well, especially by demonstrating clearly how hockey did not address the question (he was speaking about trained educated unemployed) and Hockey respond with the stupid learn or earn line. Made him look very foolish indeed.

Hockey did admit the government was introducing new taxes in the end, even though he denied it in the beginning - made him look foolish too.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

Hockey didn't answer many questions directly we thought

this morning I thought I heard on radio TA sayng that if his budget doesn't get through senate that we are *stealing from our children"*

Cat Mad

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

After 5 minutes I turned it off, why? Because I was embarrassed for Hockey, each time he opened his mouth he was looking more foolish.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

@crystal**flake wrote:

Some of the questions really made my eyes roll.

What a give me give me, nation we live in.

yes the banks, private health insurance industry, mine owners, did I mention the banks already - yes they sure are a bunch of give me, give me, give me buggers - makes my eyes roll as well.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply