Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Still Eating Easter Chocolate?

OH and I don't exchange Easter eggs or bunnies. Neither of us really go for chocolate much, and it's a bit silly for us to be giving each other fertility symbols. However. OH did get a nice Darrel Lea Easter egg from his boss. A milk chocolate NOUGAT...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Funny town names. What's your favourite?

Saw this doing the rounds on facebook, and thought it could be fun for here. What's the funniest Australian town name you know? I had a postbox at Condong once. It was hell trying to tell people over the phone what my postal address was. Wonglepong i...

Malcolm Fraser Is "Very Uneasy"

In what is being labelled the most serious questioning of Australia's foreign policy by a former prime minister since World War II, former Liberal leader Malcolm Fraser said he had become "very uneasy" at the level of Australia's compliance with US s...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Aussies Used Talk Different

Watching the Australian Story on Andrew "Boy" Charlton last night it struck me how the newsreaders of the day had a much "plummier"accent. Almost but quite quite the "pommy" rrrrrowwnded vowels. Distinctly Orstrelian. We've relaxed a lot since then a...

• 95 replies
  • 2 Helpful

No global warming for 17 years 8 months

Times are not easy for true-believers just now. The RSS satellite lower-troposphere temperature anomaly for March, just in, shows no global warming at all for 17 years 8 months. This remarkable 212-month period, enduring from August 1996 to March 201...

clip_image002.png
  • 697 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Loons and ratbags to run Labor

BILL Shorten was right about one thing yesterday. It wasn’t Tony Abbott who threw the Labor Party into opposition, it was the Australian people. Problem is, Shorten still hasn’t figured out why. Delivering what was billed as a historic, reforming spe...

• 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful

WHO"S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD ....KITTY

Found my normally laid back poodle adara shaking with fear today..who was the culprit..One evil eyed stalking Angel the kitten....Go figure ???HERE SHE SPOTS THE OFFENDER....OH mygosh its going to strike.........LET ME OUT....IM OUTA HERE....THE CULP...

100_1134.JPG 100_1127.JPG 100_1124.JPG 100_1131.JPG

Next Australian federal election...............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Australian_federal_election ref. tables of Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction with all parties esp. both Libs and Labor........tell a lot..................but the small print under the table for'Preferred Prime Ministe...

When will the World end....next?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_predictions_of_the_end_of_the_worldList of predictions of the end of the world ...........21st century2003: George W. Bush claimed that Operation Iraqi Freedom was necessary "to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s s...