Question for people who rent in QLD

I am currently doing my vacate clean and one thing that has me really concerened is a ceiling fan in the kitchen/dinning/lounge room , it is about 10 - 11 feet high . I do not have a ladder to get up there nor am i Comfortable in doing so when i would need at least a 5 - 6 ft ladder with me standing on the very top to clean it .

I was told today that in this situation Tenants dont have to clean a fan that high up as its unsafe for them to do so and you only have to clean ones at normal roof height .

Does anyone know if this is true or not ??  I am going to ring the RTA tomorrow but thought I would put this out here to see if anyone can shed some light on it .

I cant even reach the lights in the kitchen and thats even standing on top of the kitchen bench .

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Question for people who rent in QLD

meh_too
Community Member

Is it possible to just run the vacuum over it?  Sometimes that is all they need to get the dust off.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I still wouldnt reach it . They are exposed beams and very high and the fan is right in the centre of the highest point .

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks freddie but i have done the vacate thing many many times and have always gotten my bond back but never been in this situation before where i cant reach the fans .

I even get on my hands and knees and scrub all the floors so very particular in my moving out cleaning .

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

haha I would give the Tenancy people a call and ask their advice.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

1300 366 311

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

yeah i'm going to just thought i would ask in here if anyone knew about this .

I will try the vaccum cleaner though but get my nephew over he is about 6ft 3 in so maybe with his height he might be able to reach .

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply