RCH refuse to return children

Well done, RCH drs for putting the children first and standing up to our politicians and their heart breaking stance on asylum seekers.

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/royal-childrens-hospital-doctors-refuse-to-return-children-to-detenti...

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 147
Latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

@azureline** wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

You can't be serious! are you equating detention centres with the nazi death camps??

i hope not.   that would be insulting

to those whose families suffered 

and died in  nazi extermination

camps. 

No equating there as regards the Nazi death camps, Blue was clearly talking about the shame that Australia will bear.

These detention centres will be our shame in the same way that the concentration camps are Germany's shame.

i suggest 'blue' visits the jewish

holocaust centre so they can have

informed opinions and understand how 

incredibly misguided their nazi analogy

is.

Message 141 of 147
Latest reply

In a perfect world we could all live together

In harmony

Without the influence of any form of religion

Whatsoever

Or nuclear weapons, pedophiles, rapists,

Home invasions, terrorists, and cocroaches,

Rats and snakes. 

But on the down side

Think how many people would be unemployed

Message 142 of 147
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

You can't be serious! are you equating detention centres with the nazi death camps??

i hope not.   that would be insulting

to those whose families suffered 

and died in  nazi extermination

camps. 

No equating there as regards the Nazi death camps, Blue was clearly talking about the shame that Australia will bear.

These detention centres will be our shame in the same way that the concentration camps are Germany's shame.

i suggest 'blue' visits the jewish

holocaust centre so they can have

informed opinions and understand how 

incredibly misguided their nazi analogy

is.

How do you know she hasn't?

I have family living in Germany (dual citizenship) atm, they believe they will carry that shame forever, even though they had no part in it.

Message 143 of 147
Latest reply

I have family living in Germany (dual citizenship) atm, they believe they will carry that shame forever, even though they had no part in it.

i understand that. the holocaust

killed 6 million jews.  millions of

other people were also murdered 

in nazi concentration camps.

the sense of guilt will last for a long

time.  i don't doubt that.  

Message 144 of 147
Latest reply

Much the same as all australians will carry 

Forever the blame for the treatment of 

Aboriginals which none of us had anything

To do with 200 years on

Message 145 of 147
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

Equating our detention centres to the Nazi death camps,  that killed over 6 million Jews and exterminated anybody else that didn't fit the bill, is shameful.

Germany has come a long way since then, but inflicting over 2 million Muslims on the German population is already causing angst and worry and if they complain they are blamed all over again for the Nazi extermination regime, which is unfair imo.

Our detention centres are constantly monitored and the  lies and actions that are spread are just that, lies to get out, lies to use their children lies ably abetted by the immigrant advocates.

These are desperate people and they will never give up the hope of getting into Australia, after all, most of their families already got here under Rudd and Gillard.

I take with a grain of salt the illegal immigrant advocates constant bleating because lets face it, the whole illegal immigration industry that sprung up under Labor is now mostly shut down and they don't like it.

Labor and the unions are using children again.

Message 146 of 147
Latest reply

I carry no blame for what happened 200 years ago. We have all acknowledged it and moved on. The black armband of history that many activists like to cling onto is racist  and divisive.

Message 147 of 147
Latest reply