Rainbows

Does anybody know if eb intends making a tool available to alter profile pics to include a rainbow, as facebook has done worldwide? The tool is dedicated to the U.S. amendment to allow same sex marriage that the whole world is meant to embrace, .. apparantly.  Supporters of this amendment can show their support by altering their profile pic to include this rainbow.  Would be great if eb did follow fb on this, it would be another great tool in deciding where to shop, and where not to.

Message 1 of 111
Latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Rainbows

Really it is none of my buyers or sellers business what I believe in regards to anybodys rights. If someone will not buy from me because they don't know what I believe that is their bad luck.

This is a Facebook marketing tool and I very much doubt that any other big sites will follow through.

Latest reply

Rainbows

@skyrider12-au wrote:

Does anybody know if eb intends making a tool available to alter profile pics to include a rainbow, as facebook has done worldwide? The tool is dedicated to the U.S. amendment to allow same sex marriage that the whole world is meant to embrace, .. apparantly.  Supporters of this amendment can show their support by altering their profile pic to include this rainbow.  Would be great if eb did follow fb on this, it would be another great tool in deciding where to shop, and where not to.

please do not read into my comments here that I do or do not support same-sex marriage.  That is not the business of anyone here on the forums.  My comments will deal with eBaying, not personal private choices/beliefs.

I have no problem with supporters shouting from the rooftops or posting their support, but to say the whole world is meant to embrace a US amendment is a bit far fetched . . . . . no . . . . . . total BS.

If eBayer buyers start to make decisions on who to buy from based on a rainbow next to a profile pic I think some sellers will have multiple accounts, one with the rainbow and one without the rainbow.  They would swing both ways, so to speak.  That would be counterproductive for those who are looking for like-minded members on a matter that really has nothing to do with buying an item online.

How good or reliable a seller is, how well they resolve problems, or the quality of what they sell is not determined by their attitude to same-sex marriage, or whether they choose to make their attitudes known in the public domain.

If sellers who did have the rainbow started to do better with their sales because of the rainbow then some sellers would put the rainbow on their profile even if they are totally against same-sex marriage.  Now that would be funny, people making a choice based on something that is not able to be substantiated in an online transaction.

Sorry if this post seems critical or unsupportive, I just don't think it is workable or a good idea.  Good luck with your campaigning of eBay regarding this.

Message 3 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

@skyrider12-au wrote:

Let me remind of something, Australia is a Christian nation with good moral and family values. We are definitely not America.

Message 4 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

No we are certainly not America. We have had a Prime Minister who was not afraid to say she was an atheist - no American politician would ever dare admit that.

Also I'm not quite sure what 'good moral values' has to do with anything - unless of course you are suggesitng that being gay  is immoral.

Message 5 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

Image result for smiley can of worms animated

Message 6 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

Woman LOLSmiley LOLRobot LOLMan LOLCat LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

Yes indeed ..... and I prefer the sounds of crickets with this ..... as I sip on yet another gin and tonic !!

Message 8 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

Morning here Cathy so nthing stronger than coffee...........................yet lol

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 111
Latest reply

Rainbows

1280px-War_of_the_Rebellion_Atlas_Plate_172.jpg

Message 10 of 111
Latest reply