Recommendations needed for kids games

I have bought a tablet for a 5 year old. I'm struggling to find games that would be appropraite for her and a 2 year old. 

It's a generic tablet running an android os.

The 5 year old starts school next year.  

I would like some educational games that will help her with numbers, colours, letters etc, but also some fun games. Her mum doesn't have a tablet or computer so the kids haven't really been exposed to this technology.

Any suggestions on what would Ikeep a toddler and preschooler amused ? 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Recommendations needed for kids games

Reading eggs is supposed to be good, expensive though. Apparently you can only buy a 12 month license, rather than own the game. Try Schoolbo, same vein but not quite as good.

You could try searching things like puzzle games, math games, fun games, animal games etc for children. Play anything you download yourself for a few minutes before handing it over to the child. Try to avoid literacy/spelling type games, apart from those mentioned, as they are normally developed in the States and use American spelling.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Go to google playstore and choose games, from there there are sub menus and a couple of them are educational and family. There are free and paid games, you have to sift thru them to check what they are and decide from there.

There are loads there you just have to take some time and check thru them. I was looking at some the other night and there were tons for preschoolers.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you. Smiley Happy I have downloaded some games fromm googleplay.  They nearly all have in-app purchases and some have pop-up advertising. I have tried some of the games after I downloaded them and then I couldn't get them to go back to the beginning. They saved the level I got up to.

I didn't think it would be so hard to find kids games that don't have ads, and you don't have to pay to unlock more levels or get items.

Some of the items are over a hundred dollars ! Even games you buy press you to spend more in app or to remove ads. Smiley Indifferent

Bugs and Buttons looked good but the ezpad wouldn't let me download it Smiley Sad The ezpad came with mofi software. It has it's own 'store' I tried downloading something from there and the game was in chinese! 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I get games from Big fish I've been a member for years if take yearly membership which requires you buy 1 game per month for a year games will cost you approximately $7 each depending on the exchange rate. Payment is available by paypal.

The games are all types and all age ranges for all different formats the range classed as family games would be most suitable for your purpose.

Once purchased they are yours for life and can be downloaded multiple times for multiple computers or tablets etc from your purchase history.
To start from the begining in these type of games you just need to start a new game under a new profile.

Be sure to only buy  games suitable for the media you're using it on .

All are available for trial before you purchase

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply