Red Wine Drinkers?

lis351
Community Member

Are there any around??

A relative has a birthday coming up, and I have no clue for a gift, I was thinking of a nice bottle of red (if such a thing exists *shudder*) between $30-$50. Any suggestions??

Ill need as much information as you can give me, I have no idea on wine that isnt a $4-$15 bottle of Moscato. LOL.

I think Port may be an option too, if anyone has any suggestions on that.

TIA Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Red Wine Drinkers?

buying alcohol isn't a very thoughtful gift idea imo, untill i was introduced to 'bulls blood'

if he's into a good red, he'll never forget you for itSmiley LOL

Signatures suck.
Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

Personal favourites in the $30ish price range are Pepperjack Shiraz and Annies Lane Merlot

but wine is a very personal taste so it might be better if you can come up with a different idea Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

Walk in the door, right hand side straight down towards the back of the shop.  Pick up a staff member on the way but some of the bottles have staff reviews written for them.  It's pretty good.

Joono
Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

lis, I would love a bottle of $30. wine for my birthday.  I think it's a great gift idea.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

It can be a lovely gift.  I bought a bottle of red wine for the X and it's  a Portuguese one called Lab.  He loves the dog.  He wanted to save it, which is just as well because it only cost about $10 and might be rubbish.

Lab.JPG

Joono
Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

well.... if alcohol is no good try dancing nekid in front of him.

never seen a man who didn't like that.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Good Morning Joz.

Wine was always my drink of choice.

Best if drank in moderation. (like many other alcoholic beverages).

But you especially never want to get sick on wine. Smiley Frustrated

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I know I am.  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

g'day goblins

i've been known to guzzle anything alcoholic

these days i might enjoy the good stuff (i do hope lis considers my recommendation ..if not..maybe try it one day for herself) perhaps once or twice a year, or none at all, depends

Signatures suck.
Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

Ya' know there's a Shiraz called Yellow tail and it's made in your own back yard [Australia] I buy it here in the states all the time, not real expensive but for the money it's very good in my book. I've had some more expensive wines that weren't as good. Good luck.
Message 20 of 32
Latest reply