Robo Vacs

My OH and I are looking at getting one of those Robo Vac, we have googled differrent ones and read reviews but are still not sure which is the best.

Some of the reviews we have read have people accusing the person who wrote the review of being an insider so we don't know if we can trust these.

If anyone has one could you please tell me what make it is and if you are happy with it and what the pros and cons are .  We have 2 cats one short haired and one long haired our floors are wooden boards (Tassie Oak) and slate and no stairs.  I was interested in the ones that have the UV light and maybe the mop but they must be ones that go back to the docking station.  I don't want to pay a huge amount but also don't want to go cheap either.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Robo Vacs

I have one that is about 38 years old, blonde hair and  charges $5 p.h.

Does a good job too.

B-)

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

Gill  :^O

I have a dark haired one that has done the job for almost 26 years free of charge and now claims to be broken so I need a replacement.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

One of the posters here, sammee has one, and loves it. Will let her know on Facebook about this thread and she may be able to help you.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

I'm thinking  of getting one too, it would be perfect for the room us and the dogs live.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

aspie*mum
Community Member

I've been looking at them too.  I have floating floorboards (I guess? Upstairs apartment and doesn't look like real timber) and carpet in the bedrooms.

Hopefully someone will recommend one.

😮 Only problem is I think the dog might attack it.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

Hi Maine, have a read on here

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1539944

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

sammee4211
Community Member

Ok this thread is right up my alley! lol.

I have two iRobot Roombas... the 360 one which doesn't have a remote (you don't really need one anyway) and another which does have the remote and two virtual walls (shutting doors is just as effective.

I LOVE both!! My daughter has one.. she LOVES it. Friends have come around to see how it works and they have bought them too. They are not cheap but I did find the black remote on on eBay and it was almost brand new so as I have a two story house, thought it prudent to buy another 🙂

I have vacuumed the old fashioned way and then put the robot vac over and it still picks up more fine dust! Quite frankly, I wouldn't have anything else. I keep the normal vac to do the staircase now and then (top story isn't used any more as kids moved out years ago). You do need to clean it properly after every vac which takes oh say all of 2 minutes to 5! You can purchase extra brushes and rollers and filters but the ones that come with a new one will last a long long time as will the battery. I took an extra 4yr warranty on the 360. Bought it for $399 at HN. Recently they had them for $356.

The reason I bought one in the first place was because I have a spinal problem.

They are not cheap but oh!!! they are wonderful 🙂 Frees up so much time. I have creamy coloured carpets and a black poodle. Admittedly poodles don't lose fur but after being clipped, they do have of course loose fur. The iRobot gets rid of it all 🙂 Hope this helps with your decision.

Cheers 🙂

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

I'd like to have a roomba too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf9wHkkNGUU

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Robo Vacs

The only drawback to a robovac is if you are messy person that drops stuff on the floor, it would get stuck.

Unless you could attach some sort of plow to the front to scoop everything up :^O

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply