Robo Vacs

My OH and I are looking at getting one of those Robo Vac, we have googled differrent ones and read reviews but are still not sure which is the best.

Some of the reviews we have read have people accusing the person who wrote the review of being an insider so we don't know if we can trust these.

If anyone has one could you please tell me what make it is and if you are happy with it and what the pros and cons are .  We have 2 cats one short haired and one long haired our floors are wooden boards (Tassie Oak) and slate and no stairs.  I was interested in the ones that have the UV light and maybe the mop but they must be ones that go back to the docking station.  I don't want to pay a huge amount but also don't want to go cheap either.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Robo Vacs

sammee4211
Community Member

My apologies. I meant iRobot Roomba 530 not 360... Had a massive headache when I was typing earlier and didn't read it through. Don't ask me where I got 360 from lol. They are amazing at picking up dog and/or cat hair by the way.

Cheers 🙂

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Done deal then, I''m getting one!

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Sammee how long does the battery last for? and thanks for the info.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry for not coming back sooner just got home from work

Thanks for the replies it looks like it is going to be the Roombas  It is good to hear honest reviews as I said in my OP I am a bit doubtful of reviews I have read after reading someone saying that a lot of the good reviews are from people who work for the companies.

Sammee can you tell me where you bought yours from.  The main reason we want one is because we want to get control of the fur.  Shakey seems to loose fur all year and as he is long haired it comes off in clumps so we are always having to Hoover or sweep the fur up.  It also gets under furniture which is hard to get to and I am sick of having to constantly move heavy furniture to clean under it.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I have the roomba as well, purchased 4 years ago from HN and took out the extra 3 year warranty which came in handy once.

We have floorboards as well, downside is cleaning the brushes constantly when you have long hair and so do my daughters. My mum has the samsung and has no problems with it.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply