Scam calls

anyone else getting an increase in obvious indian calls from telstra?

ive had 4 in 3 days!

i had Ally Smith today. thats the name she gave when i asked for her full name as i told her i was going to ring telstra to see if she really worked for them.

then the line went dead! LOL

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Scam calls

Yes, we've had a couple lately too.

We used to have a silent number & got hardly any of this rubbish but since we went off it, we've been inundated. Sometimes I just don't answer the phone unless i recognise the number & if I do and detect a tell tale pause, i hang up.

I've had enough.

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

yeah, ive noticed if you remain silent for a few seconds it auto hangs up.

but theres no fun in that LOL

i had an idea earlier, ive now got a youtube video of one of these calls ready to play, if i get a call i'm going to play it to my new caller

how confusing will that be, them talking to someone making the same call

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

@davidc4430 wrote:

i had an idea earlier, ive now got a youtube video of one of these calls ready to play, if i get a call i'm going to play it to my new caller

HAHA, they just called again, LMAO here

gave them their own bullcarp back at them!

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

@davidc4430 wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

HAHA, they just called again, LMAO here

gave them their own bullcarp back at them!

David,

So happy Foo is shaping up.

Back to topic.

I'm sure you have a commanding voice - when necessary.

Answer with - hello - you have reached the Australian Federal Police - how may I direct your call.

Short lived - I would say.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

Over here in Oregon, the callers have taken to using a local number.........I have an air horn that I use when an actual body comes on the line.  There is one persistent call that tells me that my credit rating is good now, but.........

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

I just received a really funny call.....a very cultured (but slightly Asian accented) voice asked if they were speaking to me, using my correct name.  I answered that they were and was told they were from some company that I did not catch and that they had now put a block on my phone so I would not be receiving any more nuisance calls.

My reply was along the lines of "good, that means I will not be hearing from you again."  I just hung up.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I just received a really funny call.....a very cultured (but slightly Asian accented) voice asked if they were speaking to me, using my correct name.  I answered that they were and was told they were from some company that I did not catch and that they had now put a block on my phone so I would not be receiving any more nuisance calls.

My reply was along the lines of "good, that means I will not be hearing from you again."  I just hung up.

i guess they work on public holidays, hope they are getting dble time and a half.....hahaha

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

Just had a interesting number come up on my caller ID

with the area code 00 I think they are becoming frustrated

with me not answering *winner* Woman LOL

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

@davidc4430 wrote:

How did you get on?

It's got worse here. I'd say i get a call a day lately from 'telstra technical dept'. 

They srat with 'Good afternoon Ma'am' which is a dead give away as they obviously don't even know my name.

I've started lying & say-why on earth are you contacting me, I'm not with telstra.

The first man just hung up but one of the women was made of sterner stuff and launched into how all the cables were telstra.

Next time I'll say I am not with telstra and don't own a computer.

Last person i had I told them to stop being a liar & stop ringing.

I have toyed with the idea of saying I am tracing the call and I'll be after them on my upcoming overseas trip and they will be very very sorry for messing with me.Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

Scam calls

oh, the youtube videos are fun, i'm still getting calls tho.

i'm using 'oompah music' now

i say, please hold the line then put the phone near the computer speaker and play german oompah music, kinda like putting them on hold.

sometimes i just say when they tell me my internets going to be cut off in half an hour,

"great, i'm stuck on your carpy 2 year contract, if you cut it off i can join a good company without paying the early termination fee!"

then they get angry, call me an idiot and hang up.

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply