Missing flight MH370

Have they found it?

http://www.9news.com.au/World/2015/07/30/04/10/Wreckage-speculated-to-be-from-MH370-washes-up-on-Ind...

I hope so, they seem to think the debri is from the same type of plane. How many Boing 777's have gone missing?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Missing flight MH370

Analysts say the debris that washed up on a French island in the Indian Ocean appears to belong to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, although it is still too early to be certain.

The two-metre long piece of wreckage, which seemed to be part of a wing, was found by people cleaning up a beach on the island of La Reunion, which is east of Madagascar.

Both the Associated Press and CNN cited unnamed sources saying the wing appeared to belong to a Boeing 777, which if confirmed would make it likely to be from the missing aircraft.

East of Madagascar? I cant remember exactly where they were searching, I woder if thats roughly the same area?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

Flight path and detections - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503141

Madagascar is to the far left.

image host
Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

My novice thinking is that the Southern Equatorial Current (sea) has played a part if it is in fact the wing of that aircraft.  

DEB

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

I think so too.

Debris has had enough time to drift from the search area to the east coast of Africa.

I also think they should be looking a little closer to the west towards the Maldives. (Kudahuvadhoo)

Can't discount the reports from many locals there seeing a low flying large jet with red and blue on it.

If it is from MH370 they can now do calculations using the current and timelines.

That may show a completely different possibility.

image host
Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

apparently the serial number is visible

so it should be confirmed within a day or two.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

I really hope it does prove to be from that plane. If it is, thent least it will put paid to the wild wild conspiracy theories and  bring some closure to all those poor families

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I think so too.

Debris has had enough time to drift from the search area to the east coast of Africa.

I also think they should be looking a little closer to the west towards the Maldives. (Kudahuvadhoo)

Can't discount the reports from many locals there seeing a low flying large jet with red and blue on it.

If it is from MH370 they can now do calculations using the current and timelines.

That may show a completely different possibility.

I read somehwere that the plane seen from the Muldives has been accounted for.  There was a flight of a smaller but similar coloured plane that landed in that general area at the time.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

I really hope it does prove to be from that plane. If it is, thent least it will put paid to the wild wild conspiracy theories and  bring some closure to all those poor families

reports are saying the photos show

'incredible' similarities to a boeing 777

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Missing flight MH370

Oh, thanks Glee. I didn't know.

An Oceanographer predicted 12 months ago based on currents some items from MH370 may wash up on Reunion Island.

Well, I think he is spot on, but it is still not known if it is from MH370.

The number on the piece of wing is apparently not a serial number but some other number.

"Normally identification would be aided by a small serial number plate attached to a flaperon, but the part found on the beach appears to be missing the serial number".

image host
Message 10 of 33
Latest reply