Setting a Precedent ?????

30 REPLIES 30

Why is it not mandated for seasonal influenza ?

kills up tp 4000 per year 

https://www.universallifetools.com/2021/03/australia-influenza-covid-death-statistics-2009-to-2021/

Lets be consistent !

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Settled out of Court - means there is no ' precedent '.

I'm neither pro or anti - it's totally a personal choice - and should be.

Perhaps the mandates should have exemptions - such as - vaccinated - or wear a mask & be tested weekly.

Then again - we have lived with mandatory vaxxs for years - why not this one. ??

Just a question.??

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

One of the responders -

I am a teacher in nsw, obviously can’t work any more. I would love to be compensated for loss of livelyhood and begin my own educational business.

I'm kinda glad this one is longer teaching.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

I find the article to be bizarre. Settled out of court but viewed to be a precedent and a win - according to who? Certainly not the court. It does not state the court ruled it to be unlawful. I would take everything in the article with a grain of salt and wait for future cases with court rulings before jumping to legal conclusions

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

images - 2021-11-12T105354.431.jpeg

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

I cannot find a legitimate source for such a report. Thus far, from a report in the Sydney Morning Herald:

“Hocroft withdrew her application from court due to the impact that the proceedings would have on her career as a police officer,” her lawyer, Charly Tannous said. He dismissed reports circulating on social media, some of which suggest it had been settled in her favour and would set a precedent, saying they were “fake” and circulated by other lawyers hoping to drum up business.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Do we have - The Australian National Review - Versus - The Syney Morning Herald.

There was a link.

The link stated - settled out of Court - so same - same.

It has been already been stated - settled - whatever - does not set a ' precendent '.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Hmmm… just a quick google and I find this sort of link:

https://singlespeedgoldcoast.com/2021/10/09/how-to-make-money-through-a-covid-scam/

It’s not the only article or page concerning Jamie McIntyre, and a very quick look through the website of Australian National Review demonstrates things that I find disturbing.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

Why is it not mandated for seasonal influenza ?

kills up tp 4000 per year 

https://www.universallifetools.com/2021/03/australia-influenza-covid-death-statistics-2009-to-2021/

Lets be consistent !

----------

I know it is popular for anti vaxxers to refer to this simply as covid flu.

I'd let that slip by but I would just like to add one observation.

I have never known anyone who died from flu. I know it happens, but it has never happened to anyone I know or any friend or relative of anyone I know.

Not that my personal experiences are the be all and end all. It's an indication only. 

Up until about a month ago, I had also never known anyone who had had covid or who knew anyone who had.

Then about 3 weeks ago, my brother in law who was 72, he got it and was dead within the week.

And today I called in on someone who told me their life was in a bit of turmoil at the moment. Her father in law died on Saturday at the same hospital. 3 weeks ago he was healthy and he and his wife went out to dinner with my friend, then suddenly last week he became ill and was dead within a handful of days. It's that fast.

My daughter knows a family who all had it and the wife said it was worse than any flu she has ever known, and she was double vaxxed so it was likely milder.

What I am saying is I believe this is a lot more serious than the normal seasonal flu. It might be a mistake to fob it off as just the same and try to apply the same responses across the board.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply